My "Dream" Double Birthday Cruise September 22-29, 2012

KrystalWaters

Hi there,

I am following your great review. We were on the Oasis of the Seas the same week and were looking right back at you.

While in port DD asked when we would be cruising on the Dream once she saw the waterslides, so we are considering trying it out soon. I had almost booked it but was scared away by some of the negative reviews. Next time we will book it and form our own opinion.

Looking forward to more....

Hi there,

I am following your great review. We were on the Oasis of the Seas the same week and were looking right back at you.

While in port DD asked when we would be cruising on the Dream once she saw the waterslides, so we are considering trying it out soon. I had almost booked it but was scared away by some of the negative reviews. Next time we will book it and form our own opinion.

Looking forward to more....

Aaaah so you were on the "Monstrosity of The Seas"!:D how was it? Was the rooms small? Was thinking about that particular cruise but decided to go with Carnival. Lol

Yes you must try the Dream and form your own opinions. If you can book a cove balcony, you will LOVE IT!!:D

Great review and pictures:):). We'll be on her in November. We are also booked for the chef's table, could you tell me where it was held? We did it on the pride and it was in the disco..

Also planning on the steakhouse the first night...was food and service good? Thanks again for the review!!

Does the Dream have free sushi at 5p.m. and the goat cheese/ mushroom pizza at pizzeria? We are going on the Dream in 5 months and my wife is wanting know, these are her two favorite things on a Carnival cruise.

Sorry can't comment on the Sushi.:o Not really my thing and wasn't looking for it. I do know i saw it a couple of times on the Lido Buffet and once in the MDR for an app.

Great review and pictures:):). We'll be on her in November. We are also booked for the chef's table, could you tell me where it was held? We did it on the pride and it was in the disco..

Also planning on the steakhouse the first night...was food and service good? Thanks again for the review!!

Thanks for the compliment!:) The Chef's Table is ultimately held in the kitchen.:p But it does start in the Song Lounge. The Song Lounge is on deck 5 aft right across the piano bar and next door to the Burgundy Lounge. We did our on Monday. The Chef stated that it was so popular they were doing it 2 more times during the cruise, for a total of 3 times. Some cruises is only 1 but i guess they try to do it as much as there were interest. Our table was for 12.

Yes if you are going to go to the Steakhouse make it the 1st night. Service in the MDR understandably is a little chaotic. It was nice and smooth in the Steakhouse. We had the BEST server! She was a doll. FYI:Bottle water costs..make sure if you want free water ask for the tap.

Food was excellent...steakhouse 10/10 Come hungry..we didn't make it to dessert we were so stuffed.

Thanks Krystal for the info! Really looking forward to both...it's been years since we did the steakhouse...it was called a supper club back in the day and they had names...the pride was David's I think..our first time was on the spirit way back in 2002 I think:)

What a great review... I just love when people write reviews with lots of pictures and a story...

I love the picture of you and your sweetie!!! What a beautiful dress you have on. You guys look fab!!!!

So glad that you did get to eat at the captians table... Was it fun??? I mean, we're sailing on Carnival Magic in January for my 50th birthday and would that be something fun for us to do... I've never desired to do this, but I thought I'd see what you really thought about it??? Was it worth it??? or Did you feel like just a passanger on the ship who sat and ate at the Captians table???

Love the fishing trip pictures... Way to go on catching the fish! Love the picture of your sweetie laid back in the boat, plus the rain clouds...

Looking forward to more...

Texnewbie

Carolyn

Thank you Sarah for the compliment.:)

It just is so wonderful to be able to have "affordable" cruising to save for and it is so great..the good stories..it really means alot to me when people do this..because i seriously get to dream and almost as good as being there..thanks sooo much..Happy Birthday..Sarah

i'm sorry gang..computer would not turn on this morning. So my access to my photos and internet is limited. Thank you to everyone is hanging in there. i promise i will finish.

We didn't do the Captain's Table we did the Chef's Table. The Chef's Table you pay $75pp and yes it was worth it to me. I was able to try different foods. My husband is a foodie so it was great seeing him experience something like this with him. It's something that if you can afford it to do it at least once. I probably wouldn't do it again. Now the Steakhouse I would definitely do again.

Thanks for the dress compliment. That was a last minute buy...got that dress for $40. Someone ordered it and returned it so the store only had 1-it was meant to be.:D

Tonight were “Cruise Elegant Night” and my first time eating in the MDR and Lobster Night. If you happen to see this at your table when you sit down, you are in capable of hands.

DSCF1718_zpsa83b005d.jpg

They were THE BEST wait staff EVER! Would I do “Your Time Dining” again? On the Dream-yes. Now here is where I started hearing complaints about the ship. I’m the type to smile and strike up a convo, ask "you how your day is going?" and "your cruise?". Well it would seem every time I asked someone how’s their cruise I received nothing but complaints. The complaints seem to focus on the MDR service. What I did notice is that about 99% of the MDR service complaints were from cruisers that had a set dining time i.e. Early or Late Seating. It got so bad that towards the end of the cruise I was scared to ask anyone how was their day and how was their cruise. Let me tell you the lines at Guest Services was constantly loooong.

That night we went to see our only show of cruise, "Get Ready". It was good. When then followed up with some 18+ comedy in the Burgundy Lounge. Al Ernst was featuring and he was HIL-LAR-IOUS!!! I must have busted a gut or two during his show. Although it was an 18+ show he use of profanity was very very mild. It was more adult humor or jokes only an adult would understand. He was so good we saw him on Monday night..woah i'm getting ahead of myself here with Monday. Al's show was different each time. If you are lucky enough to see him in your Fun Times make sure you make a point of going.

We ended the night and walked in our room and saw this on our bed.

DSCF1559_zps896daa7b.jpg

Recap:

"Get Ready"-8/10

Al Ernst Comedy-10/10

Anytime MDR Service-10/10

DSCF1556_zps860ee739.jpg

Up Next...Sea Day,CC Formal Meet & Greet, Chef's Table, and then St. Thomas

You guys look beautiful! George and I enjoyed the cruise and meeting you all. Pam

Just booked yesterday for 3/23/13. Loving your review!! Thinking about changing to a cove balcony. Please post more pics of the cabin if you can. Thinking about the Chef's Table with my son, but he is in a wheelchair. I heard on other ships that steps were involved. Is this also true on the Dream? Thanks for a great review with wonderful photos!

Leah

Love your review! Thanks for sharing. We are going on the Western Carribean itinerary in December. We have late dining, so now I'm a little nervous. We tried anytime dining on another line before and didn't care for it as we always had to wait so long to get seated, though once seated the food seemed to come okay. DH siad he would never do it again. I guess when he's hungry, he wants his food. He hates to wait at restaurants for a table too. We have even gone from restaurant to restaurant to find a place that would seat us fast enough for him. Funny thing is, we probably would have gotten seated at the first place before we finally found a place without a long wait.

Can't wait to see to rest of your review and pics!

Krystal, PLEASE, finish your review! I check everyday to see if you've written more. You have really done a nice job with the review and the pictures. I am so interested to see What's new on the Dream since her dry dock. We love that ship. We went on the Eastern cruise back in 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now we are going on the western one in MAr. I am loveing every detail and all the pics. Please don't stop! Thank you for taking the time to do this. I know it is a big committment.

Krystal,

I don't know what you do for a living - but you should seriously be a travel reviewer! Your review is so fun to read, and the pictures are making me wish I was there!

We are going on a "family reunion cruise" on the Dream in December - gosh - I wish you could come! You seem so fun!!

Anxiously awaiting the review of St. Martin!!

Archived