Ordering coffee from room service

theavonb

The room service request has a spot that asks how many ? Just write in 2 and that is how many cups, spoons and napkins that you will receive. Also, make sure to note Sugar, Spenda etc..... and check off Cream or milk if you want it. They do not automatically send it.

:):)

I think the carafe holds 3 - 4 cups of coffee.

The cups on the ship are small and I usually get about 4 cups from one carafe. Let it be known though, the coffee from room story is "warm" at best. If you like hot, let them know when you order but don't be surprised if you don't get it. In May, when I was on the Destiny, luckily I had a Lido balcany. I brought large plastic coffee mugs with me and went to get the coffee from the buffet. Nice & hot

The sugar comes in packets, only 3 of each kind for the whole carafe. (regular, sweet and low, etc.). You could bring some back to your room from the Lido deck.

Also, sometimes there is a goof up and the spoon is forgotten. So I keep a spoon handy to stir the coffee with.

Sometimes I get a small carafe, so I rinse it out when I'm done, and refill it at the Lido and sit and read while sipping my coffee. I don't have to get up for refills.

Melanie

When filling out the door card be careful what you ask for.

Cream comes in a small pitcher not the individual cups. So if you ask for 4 creamers you will get 4 pitchers of cream.

I use splenda so I would boldly print ** 6 SPLENDA ** , LOL I always got 6+ without fail.

Also instead of just placing a check in the boxes I would write the number I wanted.

*2* Coffee

*1* Danish

*1* Bagel

The sugar comes in packets, only 3 of each kind for the whole carafe. (regular, sweet and low, etc.). You could bring some back to your room from the Lido deck.

Also, sometimes there is a goof up and the spoon is forgotten. So I keep a spoon handy to stir the coffee with.

Sometimes I get a small carafe, so I rinse it out when I'm done, and refill it at the Lido and sit and read while sipping my coffee. I don't have to get up for refills.

Melanie

I keep one of the first carafes too to use for the week to carry back to the cabin at other times, like we enjoy an afternoon coffee and I will usually get it from Lido. Also, you have small carafes and large carafes so specify. If you are used to mugs of coffee bring a travel mug. I have never had trouble with temp of coffee. If you like multiple cups in the morning, order for 4 people, or request a large carafe by phone. You will get plenty of sugar,creamer or whatever you ask for also.

I also bring the Starbucks Via to add a half packet to the cup and make the coffee stronger, I know I am OCD when it comes to morning coffee:o:rolleyes::p

I keep one of the first carafes too to use for the week to carry back to the cabin at other times, like we enjoy an afternoon coffee and I will usually get it from Lido. Also, you have small carafes and large carafes so specify. If you are used to mugs of coffee bring a travel mug. I have never had trouble with temp of coffee. If you like multiple cups in the morning, order for 4 people, or request a large carafe by phone. You will get plenty of sugar,creamer or whatever you ask for also.

I also bring the Starbucks Via to add a half packet to the cup and make the coffee stronger, I know I am OCD when it comes to morning coffee:

I tried to save my carafe in May so I could get my own coffee in the morning but for some reason my Room Steward kept taking it :(. First time I washed it and left it in the bathroom, so ok, maybe he didn't realize that I wanted to keep it :confused: The 2nd day, I hid it in the closet with the life vest and I couldn't believe it, but he still took it :eek:. Thankfully I had brought those large mugs. They were a lifesaver for me and DH. :D

I agree that if you like a couple of cups in the a.m. order 2 carafes of coffee. The cups are teeny. The coffee is ok - it will do the job for the caffeine addiction first thing in the morning! It isn't piping hot - warm at the most. But, like I said it does the job for the caffeine withdrawal! lol

p.s. Just state 2 carafes of coffee and just 2 cups and I would do as the previous poster and specify exactly how many sugars, creamers, etc.

I tried to save my carafe in May so I could get my own coffee in the morning but for some reason my Room Steward kept taking it :(. First time I washed it and left it in the bathroom, so ok, maybe he didn't realize that I wanted to keep it :confused: The 2nd day, I hid it in the closet with the life vest and I couldn't believe it, but he still took it :eek:. Thankfully I had brought those large mugs. They were a lifesaver for me and DH. :D

That is funny. I used to hide mine in the closet after washing it out (the bottle brush I bring is great for cleaning it out, my travel mug also).

I'll have to make sure I find a better hiding place next time.

I also dislike the packets of suger. I also bring a round one lb. box of sugar to use in the hotel and on my cruise. I bring the packets home, works good when I run out of sugar and it's too nasty outside to go out...lol.

As above....if you order coffee you get a full carafe Adding additional people will do nothing but get more cups. If you plan on having more than a couple of small cups each I would order 2 carafes or maybe they have a larger one. I also request more sweeter because the amount that comes with it is never enough for me.

Archived