Use SAS or use Carnival Transport???? FLL to MIA

lea

We have always used SAS before and they were great, however, our flights have changed and while we have a direct flight day OF , we are not due to get into FLL until 12:15 and cruise out of MIA. Soooooo......

will it be worth it to spend the extra dollars to get a Carnival Transport????

I have heard that Carnival is slow....

however ----- if we are due to get into FLL at 12:15 would spending twice as much for Carnival be worth it ??? (Would getting on their transportion be some kind of insurance??? )

Thanks for your information.:)

It is easy and fast to walk outside baggage claim to the taxi/ride area. We just take one of those to the port. Cost is reasonable. For our first 2 cruises we used the Carnival bus, and ended up sitting on the floor near baggage claim for a couple of hours, and then waiting on the bus for a while while one person loaded everyone's luggage. After the cruise we just take a cab back to the airport. There will be plenty of them waiting available when you disembark.

It is easy and fast to walk outside baggage claim to the taxi/ride area. We just take one of those to the port. Cost is reasonable. For our first 2 cruises we used the Carnival bus, and ended up sitting on the floor near baggage claim for a couple of hours, and then waiting on the bus for a while while one person loaded everyone's luggage. After the cruise we just take a cab back to the airport. There will be plenty of them waiting available when you disembark.

Cab from FLL to Port of Miami isn't very cost effective

I'm not sure on the OP's question. S&S would prob be faster and cheaper, but Carnival transports might hold the ship if needed. I would prob go with S&S if it was me.

We use SAS very reliable

SAS was UNRELIABLE for us. We had a CONFIRMED reservation. They did NOT show up to pick us up. When we called to find out where they were they did NOT answer the phone. We left message with them. They NEVER returned our call. We emailed when we got home to see what happened and they never responded to that email. Remember we had a CONFIRMED reservation.

even with a confirmed reservation, they ask you to call them after picking up your luggage....that way they don't come early or late...

remember, cars/vans can't sit at the pickup area for too long(since 9/11) they have to keep moving or be actually loading....

the charge from FLL to Port of Miami is $15 PP

Marsha

, however, our flights have changed and while we have a direct flight day OF , we are not due to get into FLL until 12:15 and cruise out of MIA. Soooooo......

however ----- if we are due to get into FLL at 12:15 would spending twice as much for Carnival be worth it ??? (Would getting on their transportion be some kind of insurance??? )

Signing up for the Carnival transfers will do ZERO for you if your flight is delayed or cancelled :eek:; I would call the airline back, tell them that the change is unacceptable, and find a way to arrive the day before your ship sails, or at least much earlier in the day!

SAS is highly recommended and reasonably priced, but no one is perfect. If your flight is delayed skip the shuttle, jump in the first cab in line and pay extra for him to speed to POM ($85-100). You need to be at the POM check-in at least 90 minutes before sailing - usually about 3:00-3:30 - or they will not let you on! :(

Good luck! :)

We used SAS in May and they were excellent - just call them from the Baggage Claim and they will be there to pick you up in just a few minutes. Call them at the Baggage Claim at the POM and they will pick you up right outside the terminal and take you back to FLL

easy peasy

We have always used SAS before and they were great, however, our flights have changed and while we have a direct flight day OF , we are not due to get into FLL until 12:15 and cruise out of MIA. Soooooo......

The first and only time we used the Carnival shuttle was crazy. (We had not yet discovered CC.) Our flight arrived, we were told to haul our luggage to the box truck waiting outside, then were told to wait for more flights so there were more passengers to fill a van. There was only so much to do at MIA.

Signing up for the Carnival transfers will do ZERO for you if your flight is delayed or cancelled :eek:; I would call the airline back, tell them that the change is unacceptable, and find a way to arrive the day before your ship sails, or at least much earlier in the day!

SAS is highly recommended and reasonably priced, but no one is perfect. If your flight is delayed skip the shuttle, jump in the first cab in line and pay extra for him to speed to POM ($85-100). You need to be at the POM check-in at least 90 minutes before sailing - usually about 3:00-3:30 - or they will not let you on! :(

Good luck! :)

I totally agree with JohninDC. Call the airlines and demand an earlier flight.

I also agree to stick with SAS. Make sure they have your new flight info.

even with a confirmed reservation, they ask you to call them after picking up your luggage....that way they don't come early or late...Marsha

We had reaervations to pick us up in our hotel as we flew down a day early. We DID call NOONE ANSWERED their phone. We left message NOONE CALLED US BACK.

I just want to let everyone no that SAS is not as reliable as everyone says.

We had reservations to pick us up in our hotel as we flew down a day early. We DID call NOONE ANSWERED their phone. We left message NOONE CALLED US BACK.

I just want to let everyone no that SAS is not as reliable as everyone says.

Wow, you are the ONLY person I've ever read who had an issue with SAS. Did you ever call after the cruise to complain and find out what happened?

Wow, you are the ONLY person I've ever read who had an issue with SAS. Did you ever call after the cruise to complain and find out what happened?

Acutally, there have been a few others who has voiced the same opinion on the Florida boards....

I personally have used them myself 4 times, had an issue with responding to an email.....

we emailed when we got home and received no response from them. We did find alternate transportation that day but with 3 kids it was a very stressful morning to start a cruise. Like I said before we called when they were a half hour late. We left message with our cell number. They never called nor fif they ever show up. We waited another half hour. (1 hour past our pick up time) and then found alternate transportation.

we emailed when we got home and received no response from them. We did find alternate transportation that day but with 3 kids it was a very stressful morning to start a cruise. Like I said before we called when they were a half hour late. We left message with our cell number. They never called nor did they ever show up. We waited another half hour. (1 hour past our pick up time) and then found alternate transportation.

we emailed when we got home and received no response from them. We did find alternate transportation that day but with 3 kids it was a very stressful morning to start a cruise. Like I said before we called when they were a half hour late. We left message with our cell number. They never called nor did they ever show up. We waited another half hour. (1 hour past our pick up time) and then found alternate transportation.

That's terrible! And unacceptable. Hopefully, that was the worst part of your vacation.

Honestly, we never pre-plan our transportation. Why? Because the second you step out of the airport there are a whole bunch of options. Know the prices and be ready to negotiate down. You'll be in a van or cab within minutes. Never failed us! Likewise on the return. In both directions we can almost always find other cruisers to split transportation with as well if it saves money. This is absolutely faster than CCL transfers. We took them twice and both times it was a slow, crowded, overheated experience and not a great way to start or end our trip. Plus it cost us more money! You tell me if its worth it!

If I were you arriving at that time, I wouldn't stress too much. Just collect your bags quickly, know where you're going to, have your cash ready and relax :)

Enjoy!!

Archived