MTD question_allure

With MTD can you sit at a large table with others? I did the freestyle thing on NCL and always sat alone with Mom. It was nice but I missed out having the traditional social dinning room experience. So this time I want to make sure I experience it. Is it common to be sat with others with MTD?

How long does MTD take? It says traditional dinning takes two hours!!!:eek: That seems like an extraordinary amount of time for dinner. With the MTD is dinner any shorter?

I would like to consider MTD as I do not want to feel rushed by making it to the 6pm and 8pm is just too late, especially since I like seeing a show AFTER dinner. :rolleyes:

thoughts please!

Thanks!

You can REQUEST to be seated with others, the problem is if nobody else has requested the same you will sit on your own.

On our Allure cruise in June we had on our reservations that we would like to sit with others, guess what, we sat by ourselves each night. While I do like to have table mates, there are pros of being on your own as well. The main one being you can control how quickly you get through your meal. Most nights we were done in less than an hour.

Don't worry, there are many others places around the ship to meet others.

Thanks for the input!!

Still undecided on what to do though. :confused:

Thanks!!!:D

I'd say go for it, sign up with MTD and then see about sitting with others. I will tell you that the only night that took longer than usual was the 2nd formal night because of the wait. We waited 45 min to get a table because just about everyone on the ship wanted lobster that evening.

But I don't feel you'll be at a disadvantage with MTD and asking to be seated with others. If you end up sitting alone with your mom again, you'll still have a great time on the Allure. :)

If you really want tablemates, do one of the traditional seatings. MTDer's are not a very "social" lot...they prefer to eat alone with their own group. If you do one of the traditional seating times, and request a large table, you will get that interaction that (I feel) makes dinner special!

I'd say go for it, sign up with MTD and then see about sitting with others. I will tell you that the only night that took longer than usual was the 2nd formal night because of the wait. We waited 45 min to get a table because just about everyone on the ship wanted lobster that evening.

But I don't feel you'll be at a disadvantage with MTD and asking to be seated with others. If you end up sitting alone with your mom again, you'll still have a great time on the Allure. :)

I will be traveling with my NEW husband this time around :D , and my mom is not invited on my honeymoon ;)

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

Archived