Shareholders onboard credit delay

NavarreCruiser

:D Don't take Carnival's word for anything. "Trust but verify" :D Check FCC, check shareholders, save documentation, etc. Didn't they also hose up something with payments awhile back?

Even though they sometimes tell you it will take awhile, once you get the confirmation email it shows in the docs. At least that has been my experience.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Thank you so much. :)

I have not yet received the shareholders onboard credit for 2 cruises next year. One is in January and the other in February. I have faxed in the required documentation twice, the second time on 9/19 at the request of my contact at the diamond desk.

I know they are supposedly backed up, but in the past I have never waited more than a few days to receive the credit and now is it more than 2 weeks since the original request . Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay?

After 5 faxes and 5 long phone calls I finally had mine applied today

Heres a great phone number to call direct

1-800-327-5782

ext 70450

option 6

the secrets out now :)

I would like to put an end to the rumor that you have to wait until close to your cruise to submit your proof of stockholder ownership.

I have never waited and have been given credit a year in advance of the cruise.

I always submit mine as soon as I book my cruise and have never had a problem

I always email also.

I would like to put an end to the rumor that you have to wait until close to your cruise to submit your proof of stockholder ownership.

I have never waited and have been given credit a year in advance of the cruise.

I always submit mine as soon as I book my cruise and have never had a problem

I always email also.

Incorrect heres the email I got today

I have reviewed your reservation and unfortunately do not see shareholder information that may have been previously submitted.

Please resubmit your most recent brokerage statement showing a minimum of 100 CCL shares, account holder name, and date within the last 3 months via fax to (305) 406-6477 for processing.

Sincerely,

Rosanna De La Teja

Guest Admin Coordinator

Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

800-438-6744

iCare@carnival.com

This is not true, I am more than 4 months away from my February 2013 cruise and the credit was applied today. In the past I have requested more than 6 months out and received the credit. They may give me a little more leeway because I have taken 24 Carnival cruises since the begining of 2009 with 4 more scheduled this year.

doubt it..........I am Diamond......have 32 past cruises on Carnival and 4 more booked...

you got lucky...... the actual rule is a statement that is no more than3 months old

did it actually show up posted on your cruise documents online that quick ...or was it just a confirmation email from Guest Services?

It was actually showing on my account within 2-3 hours, and also received a confirmation e-mail from Guest Services. One I sent on Friday afternoon and got the credit and e-mail Monday morning. I was quite impressed as I just bought the stock in September so these were my first two times requesting the OBC.

doubt it..........I am Diamond......have 32 past cruises on Carnival and 4 more booked...

you got lucky...... the actual rule is a statement that is no more than3 months old

Wrong again, we are diamond with 38 Carnival Cruises, the proof of ownership must be no more than 3 months old not the request within 3 months of sailing. I apply for the benefit as soon as I book the cruise. I must get "lucky" virtually every time I apply for the shareholder benefit. By the way my diamond desk contact tells me I can no longer e-mail in the request, it must now be faxed in or snail mailed.

I really think it depends on the employee at Carnival who gets the stock info. Some stick by the rules (must be recent) others just give you the credit immediately, even when the cruise is a long way out. We have had both. I have had to resubmit a more current statement. No big deal.

Incorrect heres the email I got today

I have reviewed your reservation and unfortunately do not see shareholder information that may have been previously submitted.

Please resubmit your most recent brokerage statement showing a minimum of 100 CCL shares, account holder name, and date within the last 3 months via fax to (305) 406-6477 for processing.

These are two different things. This says that the proof of ownership must be less than 3 months old. That means that you can't submit your 2011 tax year summary showing that you held the stock on Dec 31st of last year.

As many people have posted, the credit can and will be processed well before 90 days out. I'm not sure where you get off saying "incorrect" when may of us have stated clearly that we've actually had the credit processed before 90 days. There is no speculation here: it does happen.

Heck, even if this email actually said what you think it says, it's very clear that at least some of the people doing this work will process it before then.

Wrong again, we are diamond with 38 Carnival Cruises, the proof of ownership must be no more than 3 months old not the request within 3 months of sailing. I apply for the benefit as soon as I book the cruise. I must get "lucky" virtually every time I apply for the shareholder benefit. By the way my diamond desk contact tells me I can no longer e-mail in the request, it must now be faxed in or snail mailed.

that is EXACTLY what I posted........ I said your statement must be less than 3 months old.........You said "proof of ownership must not be more than 3 months old"......what is the difference in what we said??

maybe the difference was the word "statement"? i've had my stock for 15 years and

therefore it shows up on my monthly brokers STATEMENT.......

Archived