Shareholders onboard credit delay

NavarreCruiser

I have not yet received the shareholders onboard credit for 2 cruises next year. One is in January and the other in February. I have faxed in the required documentation twice, the second time on 9/19 at the request of my contact at the diamond desk.

I know they are supposedly backed up, but in the past I have never waited more than a few days to receive the credit and now is it more than 2 weeks since the original request . Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay?

I have not yet received the shareholders onboard credit for 2 cruises next year. One is in January and the other in February. I have faxed in the required documentation twice, the second time on 9/19 at the request of my contact at the diamond desk.

I know they are supposedly backed up, but in the past I have never waited more than a few days to receive the credit and now is it more than 2 weeks since the original request . Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay?

Hope this is not another of the cutbacks.....

Nope, our shareholder obc appeared on our documents within a week of submitting the request, but I didn't send in for it as early as you have. I emailed our request the second week of September for our November 4th cruise.

I had requested an email confirming the obc being applied but never received one, only the auto reply acknowledging receipt of the request within minutes of my sending the email.

You might want to give them a call. About a week ago I e-mailed my statement. I received auto-reply right away and confirmation about OBC in a about two days.

Hi

If you submit it too early they will not apply it. I believe they want the statement within the quarter of the cruise. I know the first time I submitted one six month out they wanted proof that I still owned the stock closer to the cruise.

hope this helps

pat

I never send mine that early. Submitted mine for my upcoming back to back about a month ago - OBC for both was applied within 2 hours!

They want proof that you currently own the shares. Submitting it so far in advance doesn't prove anything except that you DID own them - not that you still own them.

Anyone could purchase 100 shares, turn around and sell them and submit a statement months later.

What are the requirements to get the credit? Is there a minimum number of shares? Also, is there a set amount of credit you get or is it tied to the number of shares you own?

You must own at least 100 shares of CCL. The set amounts for the OBC is:

Cruise 6 days of less = $50 OBC

Cruise 7 to 13 days = $100 OBC

Cruise 14 days or longer = $250 OBC

All in all, a VERY good deal,,,especially if you cruise very often!

"SKY"

Hi

If you submit it too early they will not apply it. I believe they want the statement within the quarter of the cruise. I know the first time I submitted one six month out they wanted proof that I still owned the stock closer to the cruise.

hope this helps

pat

this is true..... the statement must be within 3 months of the cruise date. I've had stock for many, many years and many cruises........I never send it til final payment is paid and within a couple of months of the cruise.......it posts in a couple of days

Last week I faxed in my request for a cruise in March 2013 and received my $250 credit (15 day cruise) within a few hours. From what I have read, the only time limitation is that you must submit it at least 2 weeks before sailing. I'm faxing in another one today for another cruise. I don't fax more than one on any given day because I don't want anyone taking a quick look and thinking one is a duplicate.

Last week I faxed in my request for a cruise in March 2013 and received my $250 credit (15 day cruise) within a few hours. From what I have read, the only time limitation is that you must submit it at least 2 weeks before sailing. I'm faxing in another one today for another cruise. I don't fax more than one on any given day because I don't want anyone taking a quick look and thinking one is a duplicate.

did it actually show up posted on your cruise documents online that quick ...or was it just a confirmation email from Guest Services?

this is true..... the statement must be within 3 months of the cruise date. I've had stock for many, many years and many cruises........I never send it til final payment is paid and within a couple of months of the cruise.......it posts in a couple of days

Maybe, maybe not. I sent it in July for a cruise in November, specifically: 111 days out. It was processed 4 days later (not sure if there was a weekend in there.)

I normally send it in right after final payment, just to make sure I don't forget it. In this case my last $100 payment was an FCC, which I sent in pretty much right after booking. I sent the shareholders right after the FCC was confirmed and it was processed fine. This is on a 7-day, so basically a full month before final payment was actually due.

It's possible that they require the cruise to be fully paid, but they don't seem to care about the actual penalty date. At least in my case, as of 2.5 months ago.

Just a hint: Be sure to check your S & S account when you get onboard to make sure it's been applied. On our last 2 cruises we had to go to the purser's desk and they had to contact Carnival and within 2 days the OBC was applied. Don't just take their word for it that it's been applied

I am under the impression that you cannot send it in until 45 days before your cruise (I guess in case you sell it).

I just submitted my shareholder credit 2 weeks for a cruise in late 2013, so I don't think they limit it to 45 days. I could sell the shares now I suppose if I wanted.

OP: It took them about 5-6 working days to get my confirmation that the credit had been applied.

Carnival told me 6 month minimum. For our Panama canal cruise next March they had my docs about 14 months out and posted to my account. So like a lot of things at Carnival - depends on who you talk to.

It's a great program.

I never got a response from Carnival after I faxed mine in, it showed up on our statement on the ship. I brought my documentation with just in case. This was in Sept., last January it never showed up and I had to show my documentation at the purser's desk, previously I never had a problem.

Just a hint: Be sure to check your S & S account when you get onboard to make sure it's been applied. On our last 2 cruises we had to go to the purser's desk and they had to contact Carnival and within 2 days the OBC was applied. Don't just take their word for it that it's been applied

:D Don't take Carnival's word for anything. "Trust but verify" :D Check FCC, check shareholders, save documentation, etc. Didn't they also hose up something with payments awhile back?

Even though they sometimes tell you it will take awhile, once you get the confirmation email it shows in the docs. At least that has been my experience.

Can someone please post on how to apply for the stock credit.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

This is not true, I am more than 4 months away from my February 2013 cruise and the credit was applied today. In the past I have requested more than 6 months out and received the credit. They may give me a little more leeway because I have taken 24 Carnival cruises since the begining of 2009 with 4 more scheduled this year.

Archived