Can Someone Point me in the right direction please ?

Tash B

Hi everyone

being fairly new to this board Im wondering if anyone can point me to the threads or tell me if Carnival Spirit has a laundry on board so i can do my own rather than pay for the service to be done for me ?

Here you go:

Name: Launderettes

Main Deck 4 - aft / across from 4230

Upper Deck 5 - aft / across from 5270

Empress Deck 6 - forward / across from 6102

Verandah Deck 7 - midship / across from 7267

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette

2 or 3 washers ($3)

2 or 3 dryers ($3)

1 iron and ironing board

Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener

The prices are in American dollars

Here is the info for all of the public rooms:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/spirit/PublicRoomandFacilities.htm

I got the above information from this website: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main-archive/decks.php?ship=Carnival+Spirit

Enjoy the Spirit. We are going to miss her here.

hmm makes me wonder if the spirit is going to be located in Aissie if they are going to convert the machhines to Aussie dollars

:confused:

It would only seem the correct thing to do.

I seriously doubt it, you can get correct change on board.

Thank you all so much =) I appreciate your help and now i wont have to pack more lol , I hope they will convert to AU dollars unless they will be prepared to have a copious amount of US for us to change =)

Im looking forward to sailing on the spirit next year I have read all your wonderful stories of the ship and really want the next 379 days to fly by =)

Tash stand by about my question about converting the laundry machine to Aussie dollars.. i went to John Heald's facebook and ask that question, i have had a reply back from him saying he is looking into it. When i get a reply from him I will let you know.

As far as I am concerned, they should change over it now will be an Aussie based ship not an American based ship. Just saying .. called proper customer service

Tash here is the answer that just was posted on facebook regarding the laundry machines

"I was asked about the laundry machines on the Carnival Spirit and if they take Australian quaters or US. They are no indeed cashless and you just use your sail and sign card. cheers "

Sail and sign card is the card you get to get on and off the ship, charge everything to your room etc.

Just a note for you about the laundry machines the dryers run for 99 minutes so what you can do is a load of washing , throw that in to dry and have another load washing if needed and will have time to dry that load also in that 99 minute time .

Not that I've sailed a ship from Australia, but having sailed Carnival, I was able to go down to Guest Services (Pursers Desk) and get a half roll of quarters. For us, that's $5. I've read that they're going to change the currency when it gets there, so I would guess that the same would be true, just in a different currency than US.

Have a great cruise!

ETA: Just read above posts, so no need for the currency!! Awesome for you!

Thank you all so very much I appreciate you all helping me out , we had ou first cruise on P&O Australia last year and am still learning things about cruising , you all seriously rock and I find myself coming here for any answers =)

from myself in Oz THANK YOU for helping me out =)

Archived