TOTALLY FAB! Ship Mate - Norwegian Cruises (Android App)

cruisecritiquer

I downloaded this APP awhile back and it's AWESOME. I can tell that the Pearl is on her way to Miami!

You get it from the Google Play Store of course!

Topics on App:

Explore your ship

Plan your daily itinerary

Research the excursions

Chat with friends

Locate your ship

View deck cams

Get helpful tips (And they really are very helpful).

If you've downloaded it, post your reviews!

I must wholeheartedly agree! My son enjoys that you can swap the countdown between days and hours, the deck plans are great. Exploring the ports,looking at excursions. It's great to be able to pick up my phone when I'm at work and see that the cruise is coming!

I purchased the DCL app before our last cruise, on iTunes. I love it. Being able to pull up deck plans our first day on the ship was priceless! I will definitely purchase the shipmates app for whichever cruise line we cruise next!

I've got a Droid phone and I had he Disney one before my cruise and loved it. As soon as I booked my NCL cruise I d/l that one.

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have the Breakaway on it so once I cruise in Nov. I can't put my next cruise.

I'm awaiting my new iphone from Verizon ..maybe the app will be different on it.

Hmm, mine has the Breakaway on it but just deck plans so far, and those appear to be incomplete. I did not compare it with NCL's site to see how up to date it is.

I love the deck plans too, keep looking at my cabin and plotting my way to the dining rooms and spa and Cagneys. :D Closest bar for DH to get a bucket of beer... the list goes on and on. The contacts section is good if you want a list of peoples cabin numbers. And the budget feature is really great because you can add categories. I set up a category for each port including the tours, lunches and shopping. A quick look and I know how much cash I will need for each day.

Don't use this on the ship unless you have a wifi package. It uses minutes at normal rates just as if you were connected to the internet, which of course won't happen unless you log in.

The iConcierge app (also from iTunes or Play Store) is free to use on board and just $7.95 for the whole cruise to use the texting/phone to other users on board feature.

What kind of fees can one expect when using onboard the Epic in Europe?

You may know this already but US phones don't work in Europe unless you have an international version. I have already researched this for our May cruise and my company (C-Spire) will lend you an iternational phone for the duration of your trip.

Hmm, mine has the Breakaway on it but just deck plans so far, and those appear to be incomplete. I did not compare it with NCL's site to see how up to date it is.

That's weird. My Shipmate app doesn't have anything for the Breakaway. :(

Ive had it since our last cruise last Dec on the Spirit...I like that you can see the deck cam and see if the ocean is rough or not...see if its raining...things like that..and, I dont know if any one said, but the app is free

I have this app for my tablet, where is the deck cam on the app ?

That's weird. My Shipmate app doesn't have anything for the Breakaway. :(

I have the iphone app from itunes on an ATT phone but seems the adroid would be up to date also. Have you checked your app updates?

I absolutely love to hit the button that play's the ship's horn too!

I thank you, so excited:D...I can see how many days until my PC cruise next year 355 to be exact...and I so love the ships horn...cool

thank you everyone

Fame9300

I have the iphone app from itunes on an ATT phone but seems the adroid would be up to date also. Have you checked your app updates?

Mine is an android app. Yes, I've checked for an update. I wonder if the iphone app is more up-to-date?

I may try to uninstall the app and re-install it and see if that helps.

I absolutely love to hit the button that play's the ship's horn too!
That's my favorite part of the app, too, and DH's. Before our recent cruise, he used toot the horns for me every night.

If you leave your phone on "Airplane mode" while you are cruising, you can still use the Deck Plans, Plan Your Itinerary, Research the Excursions, etc. You won't be able to use any of the features that require that you go online, but at lease you won't be charged.

I've been following them on FB for awhile and am excited to see what new innovations they launch. They received some sort of technical assistance grant for growing the business.

Cool peeps, great app.

ETA: Someone mentioned you can't use this without using Wifi or data minutes. That hasn't been true for my last two cruises. Only certain features need that, like updating your ship location on the tracking part of the app. I use it on my iTouch, in airplane mode, during our cruises for looking at deck plans and notes I'd put in re: our excursions.

One thing in the Useful Tips section is wrong. It says you can board the ship 30 minutes prior to departure.

After the new rule a couple of years ago, you have to be checked in one hour prior to departure. Once the manifest is submitted one hour prior to departure, you cannot be added to it and will be denied boarding.

Dave

Archived