What beach was this??

Jenn31708

My mother in law went on the Oasis just over 2 years ago and went to St. Thomas. Our whole family is taking the Explorer in March and we will also be going to St. Thomas.

My mother in law remembers taking a tour, not through the cruise line, on an open air bus. She said it was $20 or $25 per person and they went to some kind of castle, did some shopping and then went to a beach.

She tells me that the beach was behind a hotel, though she doesn't remember the name of it.

I know this is a crazy long shot, but does this sound familiar to anyone? We're specifically looking for what beach this could have been and the tour. She said it was the nicest beach she's ever been to in the Caribbean.

Probably the Emerald beach resort in Lindbergh Bay, although there are much nicer beaches on STT including Sapphire, Magens and Coki. Depends on what kind of experience you're looking for? The Emerald Beach resort is a good option if you just want to use the beach, whereas Sapphire and Coki offer the best snorkeling options. Magens is a larger bay and you can walk away from the crowds better (Sapphire too).

The castle was probably Bluebeard's and the shopping was probably downtown CA.

I agree it must be Emerald which is also called Lindbergh because of the price she said she paid.

Does she remember planes overhead? Emerald is near the airport and it is the only one I remember having planes fly over.

If she did the castle and shopping and a beach, I can't see $20-25 getting you that and to the further beaches. We pay at least $25 r/t to get to Coki, Sapphire, Secret Harbour, etc.

All beaches we have been to except Coki have a hotel nearby but they cost more than she paid in taxi fare.

I do agree with above poster that Emerald is not the prettiest.

I can say that whatever beach you pick, you can't go wrong:).

I agree it must be Emerald which is also called Lindbergh because of the price she said she paid.

Does she remember planes overhead? Emerald is near the airport and it is the only one I remember having planes fly over.

If she did the castle and shopping and a beach, I can't see $20-25 getting you that and to the further beaches. We pay at least $25 r/t to get to Coki, Sapphire, Secret Harbour, etc.

All beaches we have been to except Coki have a hotel nearby but they cost more than she paid in taxi fare.

I do agree with above poster that Emerald is not the prettiest.

I can say that whatever beach you pick, you can't go wrong:).

Just to clarify fot the OP, RT taxi to the East End beaches (Sapphire, SH, Coki) is $20, and the first two have condo resorts on them while Coki does not and these are all public beaches, no admittance fee. All have chair and snorkel gear rentals and food/drink options

Just to clarify fot the OP, RT taxi to the East End beaches (Sapphire, SH, Coki) is $20, and the first two have condo resorts on them while Coki does not and these are all public beaches, no admittance fee. All have chair and snorkel gear rentals and food/drink options

Her mother in law was on Oasis which docks at Crown Bay. The fares from there to most beaches are a few dollars more each way. Emerald is closer and costs less--I think we paid $4 each way.

Yes true, it's a little more from CB. Tours don't cost that much though, we hired a private driver for a 6 hr tour and paid only $25pp (+ tip of course). We now drive because we stay a few days after our BVI trips. STT "Reamericanizes" ya before the flight home.

>>...it must be Emerald which is also called Lindbergh...<<

Jenn just to be clear Lindbergh is the bay, the Best Western Plus Emerald Resort is a hotel in the bay. Everyone just calls it "Emerald Beach" so many folks get confused when they can't spot it on a map.

Have a great cruise, as an earlier poster said you really cannot go wrong with any beach, just be aware that some (Lindbergh, the central area of Magen's, and Coki) will be more crowded than others (Sapphire, Secret Harbor, Lindquist, etc). Just depends on what experience you're looking for.

Consider hitting Paradise Point to end your day with a cold drink and a bite if time permits, great spot to relax with a view of the harbor.

• 3 months later...
Yes true, it's a little more from CB. Tours don't cost that much though, we hired a private driver for a 6 hr tour and paid only $25pp (+ tip of course). We now drive because we stay a few days after our BVI trips. STT "Reamericanizes" ya before the flight home.

Blue Water, where do you find a driver for that price?? I emailed 2 taxi co. , Wheatley wanted $60pp, Bruce Flamon $55pp. thanks, Mary

Archived