guaranteed reservations and overbooking

hsmcruise

Has anyone booked a guaranteed room, and not been able to board?

Our cruise leaves 10/12/12 and we haven't been assigned a room yet.

I was told by the T.A. that the boat is overbooked. We were offered

another cruise in december , but this would not work out for us. Any one

with similar experience. I have heard that sometimes people do not get there

room assignments until boarding, which is fine. I just don't want to end up

with no room.:confused:

No one is left behind. FDR himself has posted this. You will be assigned a cabin - perhaps a mystery until arrival but you will get on aboard. I have had a GTY a couple of times and always pleased.

Just to add, they will up present the offers to move to another sailing to others and eventually someone will takes it it. O will sweeten the deal until someone takes it.

Ira,

What a worry. Let us know at Myths & Monuments when you get a cabin assignment. I am sure they will not give you the go ahead for air unless you are guaranteed. You may luck out with a big suite...lol

Lynne (Lola911)

I would not worry, we had a guarantee cabin and did not know till 1 week before we sailed.

We booked an outside and got a conceirge cabin. When we arrived it had obviously been someone else who was scheduled to occupy the cabin becasue all the paperwork had their name on it. They must have eithr cancelled at the last minute or like other poeple have said they were offered a better deal and took it.

It's hard to figure what they are up too. We are booked on the march trip on the Rivera. We have a assigned ocean view room. So far I have gotten two offers to switch to another trip with more days and a much better room. When I check the trip I am on all cat. Are open with a few waite listed. Go figure.

It's hard to figure what they are up too. We are booked on the march trip on the Rivera. We have a assigned ocean view room. So far I have gotten two offers to switch to another trip with more days and a much better room. When I check the trip I am on all cat. Are open with a few waite listed. Go figure.

Maybe because the C cabins are waitlisted

I am surprised they did not offer an upsell on the cruise

As you say the A & B cabins are still showing open

Lyn

I was surprised by this too, I was looking for a upgrade but so far none! These offers were for no additional money, just the price we paid for the original, both on the Rivera.

I wonder if you tell your TA you are willing to accept an UPSELL for X amount of $

Or free ;)

Hope to see you onboard

Lyn

• 1 month later...

going off tomorrow and just got my cabin assigned. Booked GTY inside and got a veranda. my friend book GTY oceanview got a penthouse. I think we're going to love the cruise as it's such a great value!

I think i'm going to book another for next year

going off tomorrow and just got my cabin assigned. Booked GTY inside and got a veranda. my friend book GTY oceanview got a penthouse. I think we're going to love the cruise as it's such a great value!

I think i'm going to book another for next year

I think that's what Oceania wants to hear :)

We are doing our own air, so we will be leaving for Istanbul next week.

I just want to have the lobster tails and iced cappachinos people have talking about on the boards!

I am on Marina in a few weeks....MAYBE i will leave a few lobster tails for you :)

The good news - I don't drink cappuccinos so you're safe there!! :)

Archived