It happenned to ME! The fairy emailed bearing gifts!!!

Herbaltees

(Well not me, per se, but my parents on their booking.)

They went from and 8A to and 8D on Lido Deck for $20!!

Although their former room was Aft (6371) and had a really nice long Balcony. This one is closer to the food (Dad) and pool (Mom). I think they will enjoy this room.

What say you CC, did I do well?

No way! Those long balcony cabins are highly coveted. You mean the side balcony cabin with the double balcony, not a "true" aft, right? Assuming you're talking about a Spirit-class ship. I had an aft on Miracle on Main deck and it was great. No ash at all because that deck has a full overhang. But for the price of a "regular" balcony, I'd take the extra-long any day over a cabin on Lido.

Closer to the food? Yeah, like that's something a cruiser needs! :p

And I personally wouldn't want to be on Lido. I don't think proximity to the main pool is a plus. Serenity Deck, maybe, but I would never pay to move closer to these things.

I actually prefer lower decks and always, always, always take the stairs (and I'm not young). Rarely gain any weight on a cruise. Actually get more exercise on the ship just walking and stairs than I normally do!

But, hey, if they thinks it's a great upsell, then good for them. :D

A good deal.. and a good choice.

We received a similar offer $40 to upgrade from 8B all the way to 8F, but decided to stick with our premium (larger) balcony.

It was a 50/50 call for us, but if we had family with us the easy Lido access would have pushed us to take the upgrade too.

No way! Those long balcony cabins are highly coveted. You mean the side balcony cabin with the double balcony, not a "true" aft, right? Assuming you're talking about a Spirit-class ship. I had an aft on Miracle on Main deck and it was great. No ash at all because that deck has a full overhang. But for the price of a "regular" balcony, I'd take the extra-long any day over a cabin on Lido.

:D

i thought they were talking about the Destiny.

Not knowing the age of your parents I'll leave the pat on the back to you, but having traveled with MY parents who were then in their eighties I must say that a room close to elevators and all the activity was beneficial for them since they tended to "get lost" a few times. Even us young ems get disoriented on a ship and the easier the path of travel and the less up and down for older folks tends to be very beneficial.

We had one of the long balcony cabins (on the side, at the back) on the Conquest on Deck 6. We DID NOT like it because it was directly over the club. The music was so loud at night, until the early morning hours, that it literally shook the cabin. The glass shelves in the bathroom rattled constantly and not only could you hear every word of the songs, the vibration could be felt as well. So, if the cabin you gave up was like this one, then you made a VERY wise choice, in my opinion.

We asked for, as received a cabin change after one night. We were glad we did.

(Well not me, per se, but my parents on their booking.)

They went from and 8A to and 8D on Lido Deck for $20!!

Although their former room was Aft (6371) and had a really nice long Balcony. This one is closer to the food (Dad) and pool (Mom). I think they will enjoy this room.

What say you CC, did I do well?

I'd love a Lido close to what's going on. No more looong walks for me.

i thought they were talking about the Destiny.

Yes, it was the Destiny, not a true AFT, aft view, but in the corner on the side near the wrap around balcony.

It was a toss up, but this is their first cruise, so they don't actually know they once had a longer balcony. Being closer to the food would make my Dad happy and being near the pool, my mom (she's had hip replacement) And for $20, they will not be knocking on my door every 15 mins. asking me what's next on the agenda. :D

They are now closer to an elevator and stair, so that is helpful for them. We will miss them on deck 6, as the rest of us were not offered the deal to move. :(

From what and where does the soot arrive?

From what and where does the soot arrive?

The smokestack, aka Whale Tail, and it usually shows up on the aft balconies that are truly on the aft, not the sides near the aft balconies. Sometimes its sooty, sometimes it's not...

I just got an upgrade email from Carnival for our 2 day sailing on the Breeze leaving Thanksgiving Day. For $10 we could upgrade from our cove balcony to a regular balcony on a higher deck. I declined the upgrade because the husband would be really upset about giving up the cove balcony.

The smokestack, aka Whale Tail, and it usually shows up on the aft balconies that are truly on the aft, not the sides near the aft balconies. Sometimes its sooty, sometimes it's not...

Ugh. That's going to really mess up my tan. :eek:

We are in an 8m. Aft view.

Archived