2006 Cruises

tinsel57

Alaska, Hawaii, Panama --- looking for 2006 info for any of these locals. I am having a ton of trouble finding placed that will list available cruises. I thought if I booked early I'd get a better rate?? Any thoughts?

tinsel57

The Celebrity 2005 Alaska schedules came out just over a week ago--you won't find Alaska 2006 until next year.

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Let's get thru 2004 and 2005 first before we start to think about 2006! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Roz

Tinsel57, my daughter's 21st birthday is the end of Sept in 2005 so I have also been looking. It would be nice to be the first to book and get one of the better cabins. We'll have to keep checking and once the 2006 calendar comes up do a quick posting. Hopefully your roll call won't be too many pages down!

Till Constellation Southern Caribbean 11/27/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;11;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

MSUSigmaK

My son is in Lansing right now with the Broadway tour Oliver! How funny. He flies out tomorrow..

Anyway, please do keep me posted if you find something and I will do the same for you. My thoughts are as yours are, early booking save a few $$ plus hopefully, get one of the key rooms.

How sweet of you to do this for your daughter! Actually my daughter turns 21 April 2005! hmm now you have me thinking!

tinsel57

Guest OBAYbee
I am looking into different cruises as well to celebrate a birthday for 2006. Never too early to start looking around.

I am looking to do a cruise in 2006 for MY big 50. Looking at various ports to see whats out there. Bet when pricing comes online I will know what I want and it will make the search alittle easier to narrow down better prices.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

I am leaning toward Hawaii, out of San Fran so we can go in early, hang out at one of those old great hotels, really make a time of it. I have found a few sites that have limited 06 listings, mostly for the early part of the year but the cruises are mostly the typical caribbean stuff you can get anytime, nothing spectacular and the pricing is not anything to brag about either. So I keep looking.

tinsel57

Happy to find out that I am not the only one thinking so far ahead into 2006. Mary and I will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary and are taking the entire family with us. Since the oldest of the seven grandchild will only be ten we are thinking of Disney. I don't know anything about their ships. I did read on this board that Disney does fill early. I have a month for Bermuda on the Zenith and a year for the Canal on Celebrity so it is hard to project into '06.
Happy Cruising.
Larry

Deaconlar, my sister and brother-in-law took their three children and their families on Disney last year and loved it! Ages ranged from 67 (oh my sister would kill me if she knew...) to 5 years of age. What a great idea for an anniversary gift!

And tinsel57, maybe booking early doesn't always work well. We booked the Constellation for 11/27/04 in January and were just informed that the cruise has been chartered and we were bumped off. Celebrity is offering us $100pp shipboard credit and will pick up the penalty charge for changing our airfare. Their reason for so little, is that we booked so far ahead of time and have plenty of time to find something else. So, we did not fare well on this one.

I hope your son enjoyed East Lansing and had a safe flight. What a wonderful opportunity to travel the country with Oliver.

I will look for your postings to let you know if I find anything interesting for 2006. Our TA did mention Tahiti, running approx $3,000 per person including air...wouldn't that be nice.

Tahiti!! Oh, I don't think I'd come home!! Wow!! INCLUDING air fare? hmmm. I just booked 2005 Sept for a surprise day after the party, My sister in law has never cruised and is already flying down. I asked her if she'd be game and it was a huge yes. Booked the Elation, not jumping up and down about it but I know the four of us will have fun. I am not a big Carnival fan, a little glitzy for me, but heck, who cares.

Hawaii or Tahiti.. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] that's what I'd like to do in 2006.

East Lansing, my son enjoyed it but missed the warm weather. Flew into Raleigh today where though cloudy is much closer to the TX weather he is use to! And yes, we are very lucky for him to have this opportunity and to be enjoying it. They just uped his contract for a second year while he was in E. Lansing, so you're good luck for him.!

PS if you do find something for 2006 I'd be pleased if you'd find me!

tinsel57

Will do! I just e-mailed our TA for additional info on Tahiti. She had a group go last year and they loved it. I can't think of a better place to be then on a cruise for a special birthday, anniversary, etc.

Congratulations to your son! Yes, Michigan is a bit cold a good part of the year. He did miss snow today though! Yes, snow in April.

Keep in touch and enjoy your upcoming cruise!

Archived