Late flight_luggage?

So I did a search about I didn't really get any good information or recent information so I am hoping that you can help me.

In order to save some money we are taking a later flight...730pm. I am not too worried about finding something to do in Fort Lauderdale but I am worried about what I should do with our luggage. Not really a good idea to lug around 2 suitcases and a carry one bag.

Any ideas on what to do with luggage or things to do are welcomed.

Thank-you

On our next cruise in January off the Oasis in FLL our flight is not until 5:30pm...we have decided to book a post cruise excursion. The everglades airboat. Takes you and your luggage to the airport when excursion is complete. Maybe this will be a fun option for you as well.

I think it's $20 per person for up to 2 suitcases. They also print your boarding pass and baggage claim tickets. You don't see your luggage again until you get to your final destination.:)

This is awesome!!!! Thank-you so much for the information. The only thing is....has anyone not got their luggage? That's a long time not to see your things. :eek: And do you know how they handle airline bag check cost, as I am assuming we still have to pay United Airlines the $50 to check out bags.

On our next cruise in January off the Oasis in FLL our flight is not until 5:30pm...we have decided to book a post cruise excursion. The everglades airboat. Takes you and your luggage to the airport when excursion is complete. Maybe this will be a fun option for you as well.

As for an excursion, I did think about it but it still gets us at the airport about 130 and our flight isn't until 730.... I don't really want to spend 5 hours in an airport when I could be out in sunny Florida.

It is a good option if we had a slightly earlier flight tho. Thanks for the info though! :)

I don't think it was offered the last time I was on RCCL and we're driving in January so we won't be needing it. I've used the service on Carnival and the charges went on the credit card that we used for our onboard acct. It worked like a charm!:)

I'm sure mistakes have been made and luggage has been lost but for the most part it's been very successful. In that case I imagine the cruiseline and the airline play the blame game.:(

The baggage fee's charged by your airline will be charged to your Seapass account...along with the $20pp Valet Luggage fee..I was able to use this service once in San Juan & it was wonderful!! As long as you have a domestic flight you should be good to go...

From the RCCL website :

The Luggage Valet programme can only be purchased on board the ship. Guests will receive a letter in their staterooms explaining the details of the programme. The information can also be requested from the Guest Relations Desk.

Also, it's only available on US domestic flights and only on participating airlines, so you do need to check that your specific flights fit the bill on both counts. As long as they do it sounds like a great way to make the most of your last day.

And luggage can get lost even when you personally put it on the conveyor belt at check-in. :(

Rent a car. It is very cheap to rent a car for the day in Fort Lauderdale. There are car rental agencies near the port that have shuttles, or you can take a cab. My friends rented a car for the day and it was only $37, including taxes and fees. Look online for discount codes. That way you could go to the beach, shopping, sightseeing,etc. and just lock your luggage in the trunk. It gives you a lot of flexibility. By the way, there's not much at the airport in the way of food, so you don't want to be stuck there for several hours.

This is awesome!!!! Thank-you so much for the information. The only thing is....has anyone not got their luggage? That's a long time not to see your things. :eek:

Who cares on the way home? There's always some more underwear at the back of the drawer.

On our last trip we also had a late flight also, so we took a cab to the airport dropped off our luggage at the luggage baby sitting service. Then we took a cab back to 17th St and purchased a day pass for the Water Taxi, and had a great day sightseeing, then we took a cab back to the airport.

Archived