Orient then Maho or a whole day at Maho

kimmyg726

Hi All:

I am having a hard time deciding what we need to do for our beach time in St. Martin.

Should we visit Orient for a bit early morning then head to Maho or simply spend most of the day at Maho?

I know the four of us want to watch the planes and just chill for awhile. I would like to have some ocean time but am I gathering correctly that Maho isn't the best for that?

Please give me your suggestions.

Thank in advance

Kim

We will see you on the boat! We have been to St. Maarten several times. Orient beach is a great place to have fun. Plenty of things to do, eat and drink. Just remember that one side is clothing optional and from time to time you do see topless sunbathers throughout the beach. But that is true on any of the beaches on that side of the island. It is where most people venture to from the boat so sometimes it can feel crouded at times. Another great thing to do it rent a car and tour the whole island at your own pace. There is a place to rent cars just outside terminal. There is an amazing loop you can do and see some amazing views and stop at any number of small beach areas will little or no people.

With The beautiful Mullet Bay an easy less than 15 minute walk from Maho I would never choose to spend the entire day at Maho Beach. I love Maho but an hour and a half at prime jet time is more than enough time for me.

We will see you on the boat! We have been to St. Maarten several times. Orient beach is a great place to have fun. Plenty of things to do, eat and drink. Just remember that one side is clothing optional and from time to time you do see topless sunbathers throughout the beach. But that is true on any of the beaches on that side of the island. It is where most people venture to from the boat so sometimes it can feel crouded at times. Another great thing to do it rent a car and tour the whole island at your own pace. There is a place to rent cars just outside terminal. There is an amazing loop you can do and see some amazing views and stop at any number of small beach areas will little or no people.

Thanks bu6633! We just might meet on the boat! I don't know about you but these last few days need to go by just a bit quicker!!

Kim

Honestly it would be my preference to divide our time between two places as opposed to spending the whole day at Maho. I know the guys will love the planes--heck, I'm excited to but I would like to experience as much as possible.

I definately would not spend the entire day at Maho. It's not a large beach at all. See a few planes fly over and the novelty quickly wears off. In my opinion, no one would give this beach a second look if it weren't for the planes. We really like Le Galion. It is near Orient, but practically deserted. It's really easy to rent a car at Coastal right at the pier. They have you on your way in no time. GPS is onny $5 extra - Le Galion is under Le Gallon on the attractions list. Very easy to drive in St. Martin - less than $50 for the day.

We have rented a car in St. Marten, and drove over to Orient beach for some beach time. Then, we drove around the island, and over to Maho for the afternoon. Spent about an hour there, then back to port to return the car. Be sure to allow for plenty of time. Traffic is a real mess around the capital, Marigot. It is a nice little place to stop at, but lots of traffic too. Very easy to do this on your day in St. Marten!

Archived