LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

You're most welcome. As for sailing on submarines, I never had the pleasure. As a surface sailor, I could never understand taking a perfectly good ship, and sinking it (deliberately, I might add).

As for the USS Wasp, she was an LHA, an amphibious helicoptor ship, used to transport US Marines for amphibious assault, and helo's that supported those military operations. Those ships are about 2/3rds the size of an aircraft carrier, but look very similar to the unpracticed eye. Its nice that you remembered their assistance. It is not unusual for US Warships to render humanitarian aid. If you remember the tsunamis that wrecked havoc in the Pacific over the past decade, it's been the US Navy that has always come to the rescue. Sea Power is much more than power projection, it is used to project US presense, wherever needed. Since more than 70% of the earths surface is covered by water, I'm sure you'll agree that the US Navy is a Global Force for good!

Thank you for the information on the USS Wasp. Now I can add that information into the story when ever I tell it again.

I certainly can see how the Navy is a Global Force when you put it that way. Once again....thank you.

What a cute kittie!!!!

Frank and I are finally home and have spent the afternoon reading your "Board" instead of tackling the pile of laundry and mail! We loved seeing our food choices, and really enjoyed your commentaries! You were right... your camera takes great pictures!!!! I hope your new tablemates learn to wait to have their plates photographed before eating!!! We hope Judith is feeling better and you found the perfect refrigerator magnet in Cabo!!

It was wonderful cruising with you and Judith! Your vast experience and suggestions made everything more fun and interesting! We will miss our nightly recap of the days with our great table friends!

Hi Trainman!

I have 2 questions:

1) You had mentioned the buffet being the "older tray style". Does it still have the same amount of selections as the newer buffets on the newer ships?

also 2) Are you a Diamond member or above? if so do you know where the Diamond event is, and what they serve for snacks to go with wine?

Thanks for your time you are putting into this!!!!!

Had dinner with Trainman and Judith last night (Gail is seated at Hotel Director's right in the picture Trainman posted) and a good time was had by all.

Today we are in Cabo drinking $2 beers....Whoooohoooo.

It will be fun to get home and read this thread and re-live our 28 day B2B. Our cabin is the aft on the starboard side with huge wraparound balcony......a great place to watch the world go by.

Beachnative, is that 8588, if it is we are in that one in 3 weeks time, would love to see a picture of the cabin and balcony if you have any??

cheers

Yeah Trainman!!.....a tiger cub in Costa Maya, and now a lion cub in Cabo. Can't wait to see your next hugable wild animal sometime in the future:)

Love that kitty.........so adorable I want to rub it's belly right now:D

You must have missed my post on Cartagena and the photos of the Sloth!

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

Monday - Day 18 - Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Good Morning Everyone,

It is 7:20 Ship's Time and still dark outside as I post from the Pool Deck. I couldn't connect to the WiFi at my normal spot close to the coffee so I moved toward the stern a bit and I am connected now.

WE are due to arrive in Puerto Vallarta at Noon today and the "All Aboard" time is 6:30 pm.

Monday - Day 18 - Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Good Morning Everyone,

It is 7:20 Ship's Time and still dark outside as I post from the Pool Deck. I couldn't connect to the WiFi at my normal spot close to the coffee so I moved toward the stern a bit and I am connected now.

WE are due to arrive in Puerto Vallarta at Noon today and the "All Aboard" time is 6:30 pm.

Have a great day Trainman...we'll all be with you in spirit!

I had a bit of a scare last night...

Judith was sneezing and sniffling when we returned to the Ship from Cabo so she did not go to dinner in the MDR with me.

Just as I started to eat my Chop's Fillet the roof of my mouth started to feel funny. I skipped desert, but not the fillet, and headed back to the cabin after stopping in the Ship's Shops and getting Judith some decongestant pills.

By 8:30 pm my whole mouth "felt funny" and I was having trouble swallowing and starting to have trouble talking. So I pushed the button marked "Medical" on the phone and guest relations answered. Medical was closed but she said she would have the Nurse on Duty call me.

She called within two minutes and told me she would meet me at the Clinic. Judith was still feeling bad and stayed in the cabin but her diagnosis was an adverse reaction to something I ate, probably shrimp.

I got to the clinic and the Nurse and Doctor were there and checked me out immediately. They confirmed Judith's diagnosis and gave me a shot of Benedrill in the left arm and Cortisone in the right arm and some Benedrill pills to take with me.

The nurse called me in our cabin about an hour later and I told her that I was starting to feel better.

This morning, as I type, I seem to be pretty much back to normal.

I was impressed that by the time I got from Deck 8 down to the Clinic on Deck 1 which was almost right below me that the Doctor and Nurse were waiting for me. Surely, another case of Excellent RCI Service.

Keep in mind that our Cabin is on the Starboard side of the ship so we will be getting afternoon sun on our balcony during this leg of out B-2-B and I will not have the convenience of shooting the Morning Sun from our balcony.

However, we will be able to see "the other side" of the Canal during the Transit.

Judith was sneezing and sniffling when we returned to the Ship from Cabo so she did not go to dinner in the MDR with me.

Just as I started to eat my Chop's Fillet the roof of my mouth started to feel funny. I skipped desert, but not the fillet, and headed back to the cabin after stopping in the Ship's Shops and getting Judith some decongestant pills.

By 8:30 pm my whole mouth "felt funny" and I was having trouble swallowing and starting to have trouble talking. So I pushed the button marked "Medical" on the phone and guest relations answered. Medical was closed but she said she would have the Nurse on Duty call me.

She called within two minutes and told me she would meet me at the Clinic. Judith was still feeling bad and stayed in the cabin but her diagnosis was an adverse reaction to something I ate, probably shrimp.

I got to the clinic and the Nurse and Doctor were there and checked me out immediately. They confirmed Judith's diagnosis and gave me a shot of Benedrill in the left arm and Cortisone in the right arm and some Benedrill pills to take with me.

The nurse called me in our cabin about an hour later and I told her that I was starting to feel better.

I was impressed that by the time I got from Deck 8 down to the Clinic on Deck 1 which was almost right below me that the Doctor and Nurse were waiting for me. Surely, another case of Excellent RCI Service.

Good morning Trainman & Judith......I hope you are BOTH feeling better! Have a great day!!

That was scary....glad it turned out to be a reaction to food and that you're now back to normal. Glad to hear you had great customer service with the doctor/nurse!

It's always a little frightening to be sick when you're away from home. A few years ago, my other half got sick on a cruise. It was an expensive trip to the ships nurse/doctor, but we did have good service. He ended up getting fluids intravenously and had to be quarantined to the room for 24 hours. RC gave us free movies and offered to bring him anything he wanted. They checked in on him/us several times. We ended up missing a port, but got to watch a lot of movies and take lots of naps. It was better to look at the positive side - at least we were on a cruise!