No more 1632/ 1634/1636 A1's on Reflection (Merged Threads)

jsargent34

Thanks mpbmark for the links to the previous threads. Obviously Celebrity did this reclassification quite few months ago, yet stll have not trained their customer service reps and their superviors on how to deal with a passenger who is angry and upset over this change in cabin relocation and classification. Nor have they come up with a "good faith" offer for all affected.

I have decided that the cabin location is more important than the aqua class amenities except for Blu. I don't care amount the AQ ammenties in the room other the priviledge to dine in Blu.

Blu is the ONLY reason we pay more to upgrade from CC to AQ. AQ is also more money that CC and when I said that I would take the original cabin they would not offer and refund for the downgrade in class nor any onboard credits.

Very, very disappointed with the way they are handling this well known and protested issue.

You need to call back ASAP and keep pushing... I had 1634 and 1636 booked and went through the same thing. In the end I was offered two options is essence:

1. Stay in the original cabins (now CC) for location and be given all of the same amenities (minus the shower, difuser...) onboard as AQ. So they said it would be arranged with the ship to have access to Blu and the Persian Garden. Along with this there was a small obc offered.

2. Move to two AQ cabins next to each other with regular sized balcony's along with a pretty decent amount of obc per cabin.

Seeing as I have no faith that promises made in Miami would be honored onboard and did not want to deal with the stress and aggravation onboard of fighting... we chose option 2.

You cannot just make one call and stop there! It was three or more calls for me.

If location is most important to you, option 1 could be worth it - but my experience (as a TA and a traveler) is that it would be a gamble that it is honored onboard.

Good luck!

JS, thanks for advice. I am pushing for Option 1 where I have the priveledges I paid for in AQ, most importantly access to Blu.

I found a person at Celebrity who says she will call the ship directly to arange for my access to Blu. Don't have any expectations on that but I do have my fingers crossed.

Did you say that option was offered to you? Who did you speak with?

It was offered to me, but with 10 years as a travel agent - I couldn't take it with any feeling of certainty sadly... I have seen too many times that "calls" or emails to the ship don't net the promised result unfortunately. I don't recall whom I spoke with without looking at my notes, but if you do choose that option - see if you can get it in writing as well as a small obc for yourself.

JS, thanks for advice. I am pushing for Option 1 where I have the priveledges I paid for in AQ, most importantly access to Blu.

I found a person at Celebrity who says she will call the ship directly to arange for my access to Blu. Don't have any expectations on that but I do have my fingers crossed.

Did you say that option was offered to you? Who did you speak with?

It was offered to me, but with 10 years as a travel agent - I couldn't take it with any feeling of certainty sadly... I have seen too many times that "calls" or emails to the ship don't net the promised result unfortunately. I don't recall whom I spoke with without looking at my notes, but if you do choose that option - see if you can get it in writing as well as a small obc for yourself.

Definitely agree. Get it in writing. Then remember to pack it when you go. ;)

I have cruised with four other lines previously but have recently been on this Celebrity board for a possible Celebrity cruise next. This thread caught my as the lack of contact with those effected is disappointing. But it is seemingly not without precedent from the parent company. If you wish, take a look at the thread below on the Royal Caribbean site on CC (type it in a forum search). When Rhapsody was refurbished, they changed room numbers. However, many people had already booked by the original numbers so they would get particular selected rooms (aft balconies, etc.). What was an aft number may have become just a side balcony. The new numbers were then "sold." It ended up with people assuming they had a particular room yet the location they wanted had gone to someone else. It seemed that other than finding out on the CC board, many would not have known until arriving for their cruise. As in the Reflection scenario, no contact.

Disgusted with RCL and Rhapsody Cabin changes!

After reading this thread, I checked our booking. We were booked in 1636 for an April 2014 cruise. I was excited because it looked like we would be getting a bigger balcony. Seeing as how I have only cruised a few times in my life, never having a balcony I was even more excited. I checked my reservation and we have been moved to room 1575. I never received a call or email. I am not really pleased the with CS person I deal with at Celebrity. I booked a few months ago after asking if I should book then or wait for a discount or OBC. He said to book then. Since then I have received a few OBC offers, but since I already booked they can't be applied unless I cancel my current date (which I would prefer to keep) and switch dates. I have never sailed Celebrity before, so all of this is getting me a bit frustrated. Anyone know anything about room 1575 on the Reflection?

After reading this thread, I checked our booking. We were booked in 1636 for an April 2014 cruise. I was excited because it looked like we would be getting a bigger balcony. Seeing as how I have only cruised a few times in my life, never having a balcony I was even more excited. I checked my reservation and we have been moved to room 1575. I never received a call or email. I am not really pleased the with CS person I deal with at Celebrity. I booked a few months ago after asking if I should book then or wait for a discount or OBC. He said to book then. Since then I have received a few OBC offers, but since I already booked they can't be applied unless I cancel my current date (which I would prefer to keep) and switch dates. I have never sailed Celebrity before, so all of this is getting me a bit frustrated. Anyone know anything about room 1575 on the Reflection?

Looks like a run of the mill AQ. No larger balcony. Suggest you follow suggestions noted in post 52 above. Make a stink and maybe you can stay in the CC cabin as before with access to Blu if that is important to you. For me, it is all about the balcony. I booked 1120 for my 2013 B2B cruises for that reason.

This also happened with some of the aft cabins on deck 9. I was in 9299, which was listed as 1A and then got reclassified as C1. They booted me out and down to deck 6. I was not pleased, as I had specifically booked 9299 due to location. My TA was able to keep me in my cabin with no additional charge, so in the end the outcome was in my favor. But if I had not seen one of these threads here and checked, it could have gone differently.

I would advised anyone with that has booked a particular cabin on Reflection to take a minute and review their reservation.

In my case, I had booked the cabin the week before (!!) and was still not advised that I was being moved. New ship issues are understandable, but poor communication is not.

I sure do understand how you feel about learning on your own that your reservation had been changed without your knowledge. They did it to me twice in the last six months, and it has ruined my interest in future cruises. In a year I may reconsider cruising with another cruise line, but not Royal Caribbean or any line associated with them. The amount of money we spend on a cruise vacation is worth a phone call to say, "I'm sorry, something has happened and we need to work with you to change your reservation". Communication and honesty are easy and would save a lot of time and spare a lot of emotion on both sides. It's impossible to be a top-rated, award-winning cruise line if the service fails its customers before they even step foot on the ship.

I hope you all get everthing worked out, so you can enjoy your cruise vacation. Just think about those people who don't even know yet. I'm sure they are out there, and they will most likely be in for a big surprise.

This also happened with some of the aft cabins on deck 9. I was in 9299, which was listed as 1A and then got reclassified as C1. They booted me out and down to deck 6. I was not pleased, as I had specifically booked 9299 due to location. My TA was able to keep me in my cabin with no additional charge, so in the end the outcome was in my favor. But if I had not seen one of these threads here and checked, it could have gone differently.

I would advised anyone with that has booked a particular cabin on Reflection to take a minute and review their reservation.

In my case, I had booked the cabin the week before (!!) and was still not advised that I was being moved. New ship issues are understandable, but poor communication is not.

Yes, you need to check the deck plans. 9299 is not a C1 -- it's a C2.

Yes, we are trying to contact someone at Celebrity who cares about this problem and all you get are snotty supervisors! Celebrity has been very cavalier about this change in classifications, not telling the passengers and just making the change and will "deal" with it when you discover it. Discovering the change where you aren't getting what you wanted when you booked doesn't seem to make a difference to them. VERY disappointed with the way Celebrity is handling this and will not be back as a passenger.

Not with this issue but i completely agree about snotty supervisors. Although they may not always be able to solve issues, they have not been taught the basics. Listen. Apologize. Empathize. Thank the customer for bringing it to their attention. Tell the customer what you can (or cannot do). In my case they (agent and supervisor) flatly refused to believe the Internet issue i was having with online check in. DENIED that they will do the online check in process if the customer has an issue (they did one of my group last week). And then very sarcastically ask if they can "help with anything else". Amazing.

Archived