cost of guide for cartegena

nbhwarrior

We are 4 people looking for 4-6 more people to share a Dora City tour in Cartagena Columbia on Nov 7, 2012.

Tour includes pickup at ship at 8:30AM

Begin tour in Manga to see the mansions, then visit the main monuments of the city. Starting at the hill of LaPopa where fantastic views of the city and a visit to the monastery and chapel.

Then a stop at San Felipe de Barajas Fort.

Then a drive and walk around the walled area- old city

Plaza de Santa Terese, Plaza de Bolivar, Plaza de la Aduana, Plaza de los Coches and a photo stop at the Palace of Inquisition.

A stop at the Dungeons, which today house 23 shops

Visit the church call San Pedro Claver Church.

Finally we go to see the new city and all the moderern architecture. We see the bay and the forts and visit the Pierino Gallo Mall.

Time 4.5 hour tour

Transportation: air conditioned van (capacity of 10 pass)

Price 6 people $65 US 8 people $60 US 9 or more $55 US Cash

We are 4 people looking for 4-6 more people to share a Dora City tour in Cartagena Columbia on Nov 7, 2012.

Tour includes pickup at ship at 8:30AM

Begin tour in Manga to see the mansions, then visit the main monuments of the city. Starting at the hill of LaPopa where fantastic views of the city and a visit to the monastery and chapel.

Then a stop at San Felipe de Barajas Fort.

Then a drive and walk around the walled area- old city

Plaza de Santa Terese, Plaza de Bolivar, Plaza de la Aduana, Plaza de los Coches and a photo stop at the Palace of Inquisition.

A stop at the Dungeons, which today house 23 shops

Visit the church call San Pedro Claver Church.

Finally we go to see the new city and all the moderern architecture. We see the bay and the forts and visit the Pierino Gallo Mall.

Time 4.5 hour tour

Transportation: air conditioned van (capacity of 10 pass)

I just took this tour on 10/18 with Dora. She is a jewel. There were 18 of us. I highly suggest people join you!

Kathy

We were in Cartagena on 10/11 on the Infinity. I arranged a Dora tour similar to the one above except we went into the fort and skipped the modern part and shopping. We had 16 people in our group, and a second group of 18 from our roll call also went with Dora's company. Dora was our guide. All of us paid $55 US/person. Dora was great.

• 3 weeks later...

We are also 4 people looking for more people to share a Dora City tour in Cartagena Columbia on Nov 10th, 2012.

Contact her directly.

The reviews show she is great! I will post our opinion on the tour when we get back for sure.

can anyone give us a idea of the price, for an average tour or guide of the old city?

I will be in Columbia for first time on my MSC cruise of 12-1-12. I booked with Claudia Vidal for a party of 8 at $65 p/person originally. She gave me a reduced rate of $30 for my 16 year old. I ended up adding 6 more people and she reduced the rate to $50 per person and my son to $25. We are also getting a DVD souvenir of tour per couple. Her link is: http://www.toursclaudiavidal.com/. I will be posting a review after my return on 12-11-12. Hope this helps. She got good reviews here on CC and on Trip Adviser. She was very quick with email correspondence.

• 1 month later...

We traveled to Cartagena via cruise ship and were there for 1 day. I had arranged a tour with Claudia via e-mail based on her reviews. Wow! The reviews do not do her justice! First of all she is so E A S Y to deal with and so responsive, attention to every detail. Claudia met us at the gang plank and we were off. It was so nice to be on a small tour w/ only 2 other couples. Much better than the overcrowded, over priced ships tours. Claudia gave us a running commentary of history, the areas we were traveling thru and current events. She tailored her tour to our questions and interests. Her tour was much more informative and personal then any we have had before. La Popa monastery was ablaze with all colors of bougainvillea and flowers. Wonderful views of the Cartagena from the monastery. The fort and walled city walking tour were awesome. If you wanted to shop there was plenty of time, and we also had a nice tour thru the modern section of Cartagena. The Emerald museum was very well done, and you could spend as much time as you like viewing the exhibits. We were delivered back to the ship in plenty of time to relax and Claudia gave us a tour DVD which is a nice memory. Bravo Claudia!

We traveled to Cartagena via cruise ship and were there for 1 day. I had arranged a tour with Claudia via e-mail based on her reviews. Wow! The reviews do not do her justice! First of all she is so E A S Y to deal with and so responsive, attention to every detail. Claudia met us at the gang plank and we were off. It was so nice to be on a small tour w/ only 2 other couples. Much better than the overcrowded, over priced ships tours. Claudia gave us a running commentary of history, the areas we were traveling thru and current events. She tailored her tour to our questions and interests. Her tour was much more informative and personal then any we have had before. La Popa monastery was ablaze with all colors of bougainvillea and flowers. Wonderful views of the Cartagena from the monastery. The fort and walled city walking tour were awesome. If you wanted to shop there was plenty of time, and we also had a nice tour thru the modern section of Cartagena. The Emerald museum was very well done, and you could spend as much time as you like viewing the exhibits. We were delivered back to the ship in plenty of time to relax and Claudia gave us a tour DVD which is a nice memory. Bravo Claudia!

We just came back from a cruise with Columbia as a stop. Claudia was our guide also. She was wonderful. The tour was lovely. The DVD a nice touch. All family raved. I also heard that Dora was good. She was 2nd choice if I had been unable to get Claudia.

Glad you had a great time. We did!!

I like Keith's advice about a taxi. And take the taxi outside the gates of the port, not from the inside.

$65 per person converted back to pesos to spend in the local Colombian economy might not sound like a lot of money to an American or European, but it is a fortune by the standards of the local economy.

Remember, you're not in Kansas -- you're in Cartagena.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Archived