Booked on the Pride for February 3, 2013

radgal72

Hello, My name is Sue. My family and I just booked our cruise on the Pride last night. We cruised on Disney Dream this year and we were booked to cruise with them again next March, but we found this cruise for about the same price and it is closer to home and seven nights compared to four.

We are all excited. It will be our second cruise with the exception of my oldest son, this will be his first.

My husband will be joining me as well as my 3 boys who will be 21,18 and 11. We have two balcony rooms, the rooms itself are non-connecting, but my travel agent thinks the partitions between the balconies will open up. We are deck 5.

We are driving from Michigan in a Ford Focus. That should be interesting. My husand and middle son are 6"1 and my oldest is almost 6'4. We are planning on spending 4-5 hours in a car traveling on our way down there and back. I figure it shouldn't be too bad considering sometimes we are stuck in a car that long just running errands.

I have questions about what to wear on the ship. I understand there is a good chance of the weather being cold when we get on and off the ship. We will all have our winter gear, jeans and sweatshirts. Of course, we hope for warm weather at some point. Any helpful hints on what to pack would be well appreciated as we will be limited on trunk space.

Also, I swear I ran across a roll call for our cruise last night when I was on mobile, now I can't find it! If anyone could point me in the direction of where I can find this I would be grateful!

tyou found the carnival pride for the same price as the disney dream?

hat week coz'i only have seen over 4000 for three people and have never paid that kind of price.

on deck 5 there are obstructed balconies is this what you have

w

we sailed the pride in february and the weather was warm all week. the ports were hot but no humidty.

Feb. 3rd...weather will definitely be chilly the first couple of days. Also on your way back it will be chilly. Going out of Baltimore in the winter...take a jacket and wear pants. Did not happen to us but have read reviews where peoples cars were snowed in when they got back to the port... so they always carried a shovel in the trunk.:eek: We usually go the day before and stay at a motel where we can leave our car parked for free while on the cruise and take the shuttle to the pier.

Here is a thread to your roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1638710

Our trip is 3800 and some odd dollars for five. I believe it is category 8A. Rooms 5132 and 5134. I read that 5132 is kind of obstructed because the room next to it comes out further so the balcony wall is longer than the other??? Our Disney cruise was 3300+ for four for two balcony rooms and that was booked with only four guest. Keep in mind the Disney cruise was in March and this one is in February.

ETA, I just read my confirmation it is catergory 8B. Hope it is a nice room!

We are driving from Michigan in a Ford Focus. That should be interesting. My husand and middle son are 6"1 and my oldest is almost 6'4. We are planning on spending 4-5 hours in a car traveling on our way down there and back. I figure it shouldn't be too bad considering sometimes we are stuck in a car that long just running errands.

Plymouth MI to Baltimore MD is over 500 miles. The drive is going to take twice that much time. I suggest renting something bigger; I can't imagine 5 people and their luggage in a Ford Focus!

Plymouth MI to Baltimore MD is over 500 miles. The drive is going to take twice that much time. I suggest renting something bigger; I can't imagine 5 people and their luggage in a Ford Focus!

This. It takes hubby and I 8 hours to go 400 miles from MD to NC. Get something bigger, and then you'll have room for your luggage too ;)

I missed the part about the 4 - 5 hours short ride.:eek::eek: Trust me...will take a lot longer than that. It takes 6 hours from NW PA.

I missed the part about the 4 - 5 hours short ride.:eek::eek: Trust me...will take a lot longer than that. It takes 6 hours from NW PA.

I took it that she meant they would only be cooped up in the car for a few hours at a time by taking rest breaks or driving half-way and getting a room for the night.

We sailed the Pride this year the last week of January. It was cold when we left so pack warm clothes. It was also quite cold the first sea so we did mostly inside activities. The second sea day still had a slight nip but it was comfortable to be outside.

Sailing the Pride again in January this year -- great time of year to cruise if you want a laid back relaxing trip.

Oh, your coming from Michigan in February, are you going down a day early? Was just wondering as we did this trip a couple of years ago and thank goodness we went down a day early as Baltimore got a snowstorm about 4 inches which was Ok but it was hard to get around but when we came back to Baltimore we came back to 21/2 feet of snow..That was an interesting trip home to western Pa..It was a wonderful trip and we liked the ship even if the weather wasn't the most cooperative..But take some winter clothing even a hat it's nice being up on deck but kinda chilly..

Watch your weather forecasts as you never know what the weather is going to be then..;)

Oh, your coming from Michigan in February, are you going down a day early? Was just wondering as we did this trip a couple of years ago and thank goodness we went down a day early as Baltimore got a snowstorm about 4 inches which was Ok but it was hard to get around but when we came back to Baltimore we came back to 21/2 feet of snow..That was an interesting trip home to western Pa..It was a wonderful trip and we liked the ship even if the weather wasn't the most cooperative..But take some winter clothing even a hat it's nice being up on deck but kinda chilly..

Watch your weather forecasts as you never know what the weather is going to be then..;)

Yes. We are leaving Friday afternoon. I hope the snow stays away. We drove to Florida in February this year and we got stuck driving through the mountains after a snow storm.

Archived