Airlines use for included flights

ranles

Leaving SAN for RIO in late Feb '13. Wondering what airline I might be given. Who does R7S mainly deal with?

What is, or has been your experience? I know there are a lot of variables, but I am looking for patterns, or matching

Leaving SAN for RIO in late Feb '13. Wondering what airline I might be given. Who does R7S mainly deal with?

What is, or has been your experience? I know there are a lot of variables, but I am looking for patterns, or matching

We are flying home from Buenos Aires on Lan Airlines, and our friends are flying back on Amercian. We always request an international airline if available. Regent arranged the flights for our friends and for us. I've heard good things about Lan...but never flown them.

We are flying Swiss Air Miami-Zurich-Nice.....to get us to Monte Carlo for embarkation. Oceania put us on Swiss Air in June, good food, flat bed seats. We do take advantage of the upgrade to business class.

Flights to and from Rio can be a bit difficult. They put us on United from Rio. Most flights to Rio have two stops. There is one flight that uses United and US Airways with only one stop. There are multiple American and Delta flights, however, in our multiple flights in various places around the world, Regent has never put us on American or Delta. We've been told that Regent air contracts in South America are quite different. For instance, although Regent seems to like using Lufthansa, they did not have a contract with Lufthansa in S. America when we flew two years ago.

The real answer is simply that no one really knows (unless they have recently done the exact itinerary -- San Diego to Rio). What someone in Ohio is booked on to Rio may not be the same as someone in San Diego or Seattle. Plus, there are only a certain amount of seats per flight that Regent can use. Once they are full they use another contracted carrier. This is why so many of us deviate in order to select our own flights (within Regent guidelines)

In November we're on British Air out of Newark to Monte Carlo........then American back to the US from Rio. American? could be a little dicey........Regent did our flights.

We are on your cruise MC to Rio. We did pay to deviate because I need everything in place well in advance when we travel and by deviating we have had our flights and seats since they first became available. We are flying USAIRWAYS from Rio to Charlotte then Charlotte to Philly. Our friends are flying Delta to Atlanta. There are several options other than American for those living in the Northeast.

Sharon

We are on your cruise MC to Rio. We did pay to deviate because I need everything in place well in advance when we travel and by deviating we have had our flights and seats since they first became available. We are flying USAIRWAYS from Rio to Charlotte then Charlotte to Philly. Our friends are flying Delta to Atlanta. There are several options other than American for those living in the Northeast.

Sharon

It is interesting that you are flying through Charlotte. The United flight that I found for the OP from San Diego connected to USAIRWAYS in Charlotte. It would be nice if that is the route that Regent selects for them.

• 7 months later...

Dealt with Regent and South America recently. Will respond on the "sticky" on the Regent ome page (actually I've discussed it there). Keeping this information together will help future posters more quickly:)

Archived