$39.99 Magic 24/7 slow speed plan

firefly333

I tried to post this in cozumel from their internet cafe and spent 20 minutes trying to load CC.

This was new this last week, but dont know if someone else posted this already, if so, I tried.

They still had the $99.99 fast speed plan 24/7, or you could buy it by the day for $29.99.

It also said you could buy a 2nd plan for half off.

The $39.99 256 kb?? mb?? plan slow speed anyway, is only for one device plus you can use their computers.

I talked to one guy on the new $39.99 7 day plan and he said too slow and after 2 hours he was allowed to upgrade to the fast speed plan, but when I asked I was told you cannot upgrade.

I had several other things I wanted to mention, but will post them separately. Again if someone else managed to post about the new slow speed 24/7 plan for one device plus their internet computers, sorry, I had trouble getting on CC and I forgot my adaptor :mad: otherwise I would have signed up. I was so mad at myself. 2 weeks and I couldnt access my games once my battery ran down.

I also talked to a lady playing a game on a tablet and she said her game loaded np on the slow speed and I asked several others on the $99.99 about the fast speed and was told internet was down most of 2 days, so they didnt get exactly what they paid for, no refunds.

1st off congrats and making the 2nd leg of your B2B;) Hopefully you will post about that on another thread.

So you are saying If the Internet is down there is no compensation or a partial refund at least??????

1st off congrats and making the 2nd leg of your B2B;) Hopefully you will post about that on another thread.

So you are saying If the Internet is down there is no compensation or a partial refund at least??????

I asked the guy who told me and he said no refund that he got, but maybe he didnt push it.

The slow speed connection does not show its good for facebook, they recommend the faster speed plan.

I didnt board until after 3 pm, Conquest for debarking, the debark/boarding arm broke and we finally were run down two flights of stairs a hour later to go out the crew entrance to exit the ship, and a few other distractions. .. horrible rain thru Louisianna, couldnt see the car I was following. So, the drive from NOLA to Galveston was worse than I even thought it might be because of the rain... but I made it.

So now I know as long as you board before the ship leaves, you are good, the part about needing to board before the last manifest goes in is a bad rumor on CC and not true.

The plantinum laundry credit on Magic to me was handled wrong. It shows as a $45 OBC on the tv in your cabin .. so I thought it came from my TA and spent it.. then I checked the kiosk on deck 5 .. no $45 OBC.. so back to my cabin .. its there, so I asked the purser's desk .. they said its the laundry plantinum credit.. only goes against laundry in the end, ... so why show it as a regular OBC??

I talked to the girl at my MDR dinner table who said she was going to demand they give it to her as a OBC. She said how can they show you get $45 and then say its not real? I said they can ..lol

Also, Magic seems to have a shortage of coffee mugs.

But of course Its a beautiful ship and both were great cruises... just a few oddities. They put towel animals out on every chair at the main pool, so darn cute, I took 10 pictures of them at least. that was 2 days ago.

Well, I need to unpack.. just wanted to let people know there is a new $39.99 option for the week.

Do you know if the Internet package is continuing on the Magic? We're two weeks away and would like this service.

I just called Carnival about this deal and the rep know nothing about any unlimited plan for Internet on the Magic. Talk about a disconnect......so they offer a product on the ship but have no knowledge at the call center......dumb.

The guy handling the internet on Magic did not mention it being temporary.

I think $39.99 for a week is a heck of a deal if you can stand the slow loading speed. Might work for tablets but not so good for laptops from what I could tell.

He did say it was new last week. States for one device plus connect from the internet cafe on their computers. So, its more limited than the fast speed too which you can use on as many devices as you want.

do be aware it must be like 400% slower?? some computer type can say for sure. he said fast speed was 50 kbs? and the slow was 256 bps .. whatever they are.. the slower one. so its less than 1 of the kbs, or whatever the measure of the fast one.. much much much slower.

Welcome back firefly and thank you for the update. Hopefully they roll this out fleet wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

I cant spell either and am dyslexic .. so I probably wouldnt spot the typos lol

Here is another tidbit. I asked the loyalty guy yesterday why they did away with selling FCCs to take home and he said they decided it was not effective as other programs. Im like what. He said he can substantiate that 40% of the FCCs bought people ask for refunds meaning 40% didnt use them and it was only 60% or less effective is why it was discontinued. Beats me... I liked them.

The only compensation I've heard of for slow internet or internet down was to give you extra minutes, but if it is already unlimited???

If early in the cruise, it might be possible to cancel the plan, but they can't even do that if the internet is down.

For someone like you, its important for your live posts, for me I just check flight status or maybe email......

But..... If you are not getting the product, you are paying for, there should be some type of refund or maybe a free drink coupon.

I think $39.99 for a week is a heck of a deal if you can stand the slow loading speed. Might work for tablets but not so good for laptops from what I could tell.

So Is the 39.99 speed the original that has been on the internet cafe in the past or is it even slower??

For someone like you, its important for your live posts, for me I just check flight status or maybe email......

But..... If you are not getting the product, you are paying for, there should be some type of refund or maybe a free drink coupon.

So Is the 39.99 speed the original that has been on the internet cafe in the past or is it even slower??

OK, I pulled out the advertising.

It says $39.99 PER CRUISE, so I think they should not refund it, but thats how I would read the price per cruise.

The internet is outsourced so Carnival and Guest Services can't help. It is up to the internet manager and usually all they do is give additional minutes.

Pretty sure there is fine print that says they don't guarantee speed or even availability.

Thank you firefly you always have great information for us :)

Does that mean I can use it in my cabin on my nook color ? Thanks again

If it works on a tablet, should work on a nook I would assume if you can access wifi.

Basic Plan

- Stay connected 24/7

- Great for kids!

- Email friends and family

- Limited to one mobile device and the Internet Cafe

$39.99 per cruise plan

High Speed Plan

- Speeds up to 50X faster

- Post on facebook

- Steam Media

- Use your smartphone apps

- Access your VPN network

Per Day Plan $29.99

Per Cruise Plan $99.99

Buy additional per cruise plans for 50% off * applies to per cruise plans of equal and lesser value purchased by the same cabin. Credit will appear on your sail and sign account within 24 hours.

Questions? See the internet cafe manager during posted hours at our funhub on deck 4, midship.

One thing I missed on Magic is no news TV station. I guess with the web cam and map and all those other stations taken up they had to pick something to go, but why CNN? And leave us with only CNN International and CNN spanish .. no regular U.S. station dedicated to U.S. news.

Conquest had it the week before, so Im sure most ships have it.

Good Question!! I'm curious as well

I was disappointed to learn there is no per minute pricing available under this new program. I used to check email once during the cruise and never spent more than $10. The Magic internet manager did say it was still a trial program that could change.

Firefly, thanks for all the great information. Did you happen to talk to anyone who tried to Skype with the high speed internet?

I was on the Magic the last week of September. I got the unlimited high speed plan. I was able to FaceTime, sometimes the connection broke, but we just called back.

Can you use multiple devices on the high speed plan?

DD needs internet on our cruise next month for school and my business depends on it, so we are definitely going with the high speed plan, just wondering if we'll have to share it with 2 laptops (and my other DD will have an ipad) for recreational use :rolleyes:.

Can you use multiple devices on the high speed plan?

DD needs internet on our cruise next month for school and my business depends on it, so we are definitely going with the high speed plan, just wondering if we'll have to share it with 2 laptops (and my other DD will have an ipad) for recreational use :rolleyes:.

Yes, you will have to share it, and only one logged in at a time per the guy running it.. but at least more than one device is allowed to use the same plan.

I think they want you to sign up for more than one cruise plan at 50% off the additional plan.

Archived