Dream Sept 29th

dololie

We stayed at the Radisson at the Port the night before our cruise. Th e room was nice and clean. We were given free drink coupons on arrival. We had robes and slippers in our room. We left our car there for the week. We got on the shuttle at 10:30 am on the ship at 11:30.

I do not like the new terminal where the Dream docks.When you get off the shuttle you have to walk quiet a way to the terminal then a long way to the Dream. You can no longer get your luggage dropped of at the terminal.

This was my 2nd time on the Dream. I wrote a negative review last year, I went on this cruise with low expectation but I must admit this was a better cruise and I would cruise on her again.

When we got on the Dream we went right to the Pasta Bar. There lasagna is delicious. It is made with roast beef,eggplant and zuccinie. The tea tasted much better this time especially in the mdr.

At 12:30 we went to our cabin it was ready. It was on deck 9. It was great all we had to do was go out of our room go down a few rooms then take the stairs up one level and we were at the Gathering (lido deck). Patrick was our room stewart and he was excellent. We had no problems with our cabin.

The Black Jack band was still there I talked to the female band member and they have been on the Dream since 09 and plan on being on her for years to come. We went to the comedy shows they were all great. We did not go to the shows in the encore because we had seen them all before.

Mdr we were served quickly and the food was fine. I was dissappointed they did not have lambchops anymore. We had one problem in the mdr a whining baby. Before all you parents carry on I have children they were not on the cruise. I don't mind a crying or laughing baby but one that starts whining every night as soon as his parents bought him in. He just didn't whine he squealed. His parents and you know who you are thought it was funny. After the 2nd night the m.d. came over and told them if they did not keep him quiet they would have to take him out of the dinning room. Ever dently there had been complaints from the top and bottom of the Scarlet Dinning Room. They would pick him up and take him out if they saw the md coming. As soon as the bought him back in he would start. I do not blame the baby I blame the parents. The mother was pregnant she will have her hands full. There were kids younger and older than were quiet.

We went to the Comedy Brunch for lunch I had the mac and cheese with chicken it was good, There were spicy things on the menu . Many people were eating the steak with 2eggs,fried tomatoes and home fries. I had churros for dessert with a chocolate dip it was delicious. The dinning room is opened when we were in Coasta Maya. They had the old lunch menu which I enjoy. I had the club sandwich and vacation sundae and my dh had the fish sandwich they were both good. We had a fellow cruiser that ate glutten free. The special diet person would come over and talk to her and then go back to the chief and order her food.

Cozumel we took at taxi to Cico Sol downtown shopped. Went to Mega Mart bought

vanilla for $1.78 a half liter, Spices, and my husband wanted a carton of ketup because he had never seen ketup like that before.

Belize we went to the Chocolate Factory if you took the tour it was $20 a person you got many samples, a small milkshake and 3 candy bars you could make yourself or pick 3 already made. You saved a dollar by doing the tour. We also bought coco powder and chocolate chip soap.

Roatan we hired a driver he took us all over the island we tried leeches and I also went to the grogery store and bought coffee for $2 or less a pound.

Costa maya we went to Tropicante although it was raining and had a hour massage and drinks.

Overall,we had a good time except for the dinning issue problem.

Thanks for taking the time to post about your "Dream" cruise. We've done "Dream" three, or four times already, and ALWAYS have a great time aboard. I LOVE "The Blackjack Band", and am really glad to hear that they'll be aboard for an extended time. That means I'll get to see 'em a few more times! :D

"SKY"

Hello thank you for your review, we also got off the same cruise, I posted my review earier. I love the new terminal! We drove to its parking garage which was multi level and new and paid before entering. I liked this because on the way out we not need to get in lines and pay, just get in car and drive out was very nice. The terminal is right next to the garage...if its raining your all covered too was very nice.

I have been on other carnival cruises mainly older and smaller ships and as you, expected very little and the Dream blew me out as it was on par with RCI FOS and LOS ships (been on both of them twice each, my last 4 cruises in past 3 years).

Im glad you liked the lasagna...the pasta was all very good but I tried the lasangna and hated it probably being italian myself its just not authentic. I believe there was spinach in the lasagna also, just not alot of ricotta and mozzerella the way us italians make it but everybody is different. My father in law and my other half raved about the pasta dishes.

We also was very close to the Gathering, we were in aft deck 8 your so right nice to just be right there, was so convenient just to walk up to get some lemonade when I was thirsty.

I loved the Dream in fact I am back to cruising Carnival after this experience, just going to stay with the newer ships because they offer more and are better. :)

Archived