sick from the voyager may 15th?

HUH? why am i killing you? we're the sick ones

What symptoms do you have? When did this happen, When did you first start fealing sick. You have to give more info let’s get the facts just the facts. So now You Know why “You Are Killing Me Buddy”.

Anyone else sick? DH and I are both ill since we returned on Friday.......

So, were you sick on the ship, or are you just getting sick since you came home? Your verbiage would indicate that the Voyager has nothing to do with you being sick.

If I had to guess, I believe they mean the ship still rocking , meaning they are still feeling the motion............Is the room spinning?

Still havn't gottten their sea legs is my guess.

Jimbo:)

So, were you sick on the ship, or are you just getting sick since you came home? Your verbiage would indicate that the Voyager has nothing to do with you being sick.

Thank you 1corona4u my point Exactly.

LOTS of people were sick on the ship. vomiting in the hallways and at the port when we returned. I have my land legs back. Nothing to do with that. Severe cramping and vomiting is NOT motion sickness. Been on plenty of cruises to know the difference.

Hey All.........

Give Traci M a break!! She and her husband were not the only pax to get sick. Dozens of other pax plus crew were stricken also with dizziness and vomiting. Fortunately my fiance and I did not get it but we felt so bad for those who did. It apparently started Thursday nite and continued into Friday morning. Don't know what the cause was (food poisoning or maybe the Norwalk virus) but the staff and crew were not allowed off the ship on Friday...they were given orders to clean and disinfect everything in sight.

LOTS of people were sick on the ship. vomiting in the hallways and at the port when we returned. I have my land legs back. Nothing to do with that. Severe cramping and vomiting is NOT motion sickness. Been on plenty of cruises to know the difference.

I guess I don't understand the purpose of your post. Could you just tell us what you think should/could be done, or are you just giving everyone an FYI for a cruise that is over? Or do you think the "bug" is on the Voyager? Someone just posted last week, and didn't mention that anyone was sick, so maybe someone on your cruise brought it aboard.

If it's just an FYI, thanks, I'll keep it in mind that I may catch a bug on my next cruise.

Hey All.........

Give Traci M a break!! She and her husband were not the only pax to get sick. Dozens of other pax plus crew were stricken also with dizziness and vomiting. Fortunately my fiance and I did not get it but we felt so bad for those who did. It apparently started Thursday nite and continued into Friday morning. Don't know what the cause was (food poisoning or maybe the Norwalk virus) but the staff and crew were not allowed off the ship on Friday...they were given orders to clean and disinfect everything in sight.

Well if it was a case of Norwalk virus the ship would of have to been Disinfected from top to bottom. I haven't seen any other post about people getting sick onboard this cruise.

Hey All.........

I highly doubt it was food poisoning. More than likely someone caught something in port. They then were not as sanitary as they should have been and passed it around. Luckily it hit at the end of the cruise.

I was simply trying to find out how many people were sick. It was not a pretty sight and we still feel miserable. I'm not asking for anything to be done. That's the problem with these boards, everyone wants something. I'm not blaming RCL or anyone else for that matter. Was simply curious. Sorry I even asked

I hope you feel better soon. ;)

If everyone became ill at the same time on Thursday, it sounds more like food poison then Norwalk. However, if a few were getting sick all along during the week and then several more became ill on Thursday, then it sounds like Norwalk.

Have you been to the doctor to get a fecal :eek: taken to determine the cause?

Traci, food poisoning is no fun either. I had it once and thought I was going to die. :eek: I think Iamthesea makes a good point about the timing of the illness. People getting sick at approximately the same time seems to indicate food poisoning as opposed to Norwalk (where people probably would have been getting sick over several days of the cruise).

Whatever it is, take care and see that doctor. Try to focus on the fun times you had on your cruise and not on the crummy way it ended.

Feel better soon! :)

Elf

Traci,

I cannot believe the way people are reacting to your posting. I was one of three vomiting on our bus, there are at least ten others I have talked with since and the crew was trying to get "barf bags" for us at the La Scala theater that morning while we were waiting to leave. One man actually vomitted on another woman's hair on the stairs. This was nothing to laugh about. Some went to get shots from the medic.

I don't know what it was but comparing what we all ate, I see no similarities. One crew member told me that many of the crew were sick and she wished she could leave the ship. I don't think the ship should have been allowed to leave the port again. I have emailed the Disease Control Bureau about it.

The insensitivity of people never fails to amaze me. I am glad I didn't get sick until early Friday. I feel bad for the people who got on board right after us.

Dorothy

cruise was awesome.

That's great! Was this your first cruise? What did you think of VOS? I totally loved our cruise on AOS! The Voyager class ships are just amazing. What was your favorite port?

I'm asking because I'm interested and also to help keep your mind off your tummy troubles. :p

Elf

Traci,

I am feeling okay today. Slept for 19 straight hours after getting home, also had a terrible headache. So I know it wasn't food poisoning.

I loved the cruise. It was my first cruise. We went with several other couples. Also, my two daughters went. One brought her boyfriend, the other found a new boyfriend while onboard. I'm so excited for her.

We went to Hamilton by water taxi and to Horseshoe Bay Beach by bus. The second day we took a water taxi over to St. George. I had such a wonderful time and would certainly go on the Voyager again. But I understand that ship is going to Europe next year. BUt they have new ones coming out.

Dorothy

Archived