10:15 departure Miami?

beach410

If the ship is on time and everything is perfect, yes you can. You should be able to get to the airport by 8:30am, I have done it.

BUT if any thing goes wrong you could miss you flight. The big Question is do you have a back up plan? And how much is that back up plan going to cost you if you miss your flight? I would have travel insurance for that one and make sure they will cove a missed flight booked before the recommended departure time.

Platinum self debarking, can I make it to the Miami airport from the port in Miami for a 10:15am flight?

My goodness. You have been on enough cruises to know this is do-able, but dangerous. :eek: Have a great time....so jealous. :o:o:o

My goodness. You have been on enough cruises to know this is do-able, but dangerous. :eek: Have a great time....so jealous. :o:o:o

I dont have much experience flying, we normally drive, we flew two times and honestly dont remember much about what time our flights were and I have never flown home from Miami and have no idea the distance from the port to the airport.

Its really difficult to find a flight with reasonable departure hours, its either early or late and I dont really want to sit in the airport until 2:30 pm, decisions decisions. Im going to look into flights from FLL as well, I just thought being Miami is closer it would be manageable.

90% of the time you'll make it, if its worth the risk for the other 10% go for it

...even if things are late, you really only need 90 minutes tops - you'll be one of the first ones off and could still make the flight. It would be tight, but cabbie straight to the sky cabs on the curb, and then to security...

I've booked it to the airport in the first cab from the port in FLL...it was still dark on the way to the airport. I didn't manage to grab the earlier flight I was hoping to, but I could of made a 9:00 flight that day.

Its really difficult to find a flight with reasonable departure hours, its either early or late and I dont really want to sit in the airport until 2:30 pm, decisions decisions. Im going to look into flights from FLL as well, I just thought being Miami is closer it would be manageable.

I had the same dilemma for a cruise for January- either a 10:30 from Miami or sit and wait til 2:30.

Or

12:30 from FLL- so we opted for the FLL one.

I would not feel comfortable with the 10:30 one. all it takes is some one not showing up to pay their account-- which will cause Customs to hold the ship.

You would need to be walking off that ship by 8:30 at the latest- which is doable in a perfect world.

I dont have much experience flying, we normally drive, we flew two times and honestly dont remember much about what time our flights were and I have never flown home from Miami and have no idea the distance from the port to the airport.

It is about 20 minutes from the port to the airport unless you hit a major tie-up

I'm sure you could make it if: 1. weather cooperates 2. no medical evacs that cause you to get to port late 3. customs doesn't do a full-out check of the ship and passengers, which takes ALOT of time. Truthfully, it would stress me out too much to try to make that flight. I'd rather end my vacation on a mellow note - not on a stressful one.

Archived