Celebrity Cruise with young children - YES YOU CAN!!

Mercury

Just back from the Silhouette sailing Sept 17. We were a party of 7 cruising together (incl my children aged 3 years and 5 years and their Grandma).

We had a fantastic time and I will be posting a review, but I just wanted to let anyone with young children know that the Fun Factory on board is absolutely wonderful. They have interesting and super fun activities for the children and the counselors are amazing. My kids could not wait to go. They did painting, made masks, went on treasure hunts, made a piñata, had a teddy bears’ picnic, pajama party etc etc...

The staff on board were also great with the children and very accommodating in the MDR too. We always got a special “Welcome Back” when we came back from visiting a port. Fellow cruisers were also so nice to my children and often engaged them in conversation and commented on their great behaviour.

Let me end by saying that my children were amazing too. I am so proud of them. This was a port intensive cruise (12 days with only 1 day @ sea) and we were off the ship and on tours most of those days. I did most of my planning with the help and advice of Cruise Critic members and I want to say a HUGE THANK-YOU.

If any parents have specific questions I will be happy to try to answer them.

Thanks so much for posting your comments. We will be on the Silhouette for Spring Break, but now our youngest will be 12 and too old for the Fun Factory (sniff, sniff). We've always had positive experiences with our family on Celebrity and it's good to hear you did too.:)

We cruised Celebrity (Eclipse) when our son was 4, and we would concur that it was a wonderful family experience. No waterslides and such, but we weren't looking for that. The Fun Factory was not crowded, and the staff was excellent! Our son also enjoyed the "family" pool and the Western Caribbean beach stops. We would recommend Celebrity to any family looking for a quieter (but still lots of fun) experience.

Archived