passport question

lthouseprincess

so we sail next week. My sister goes to pull out her passport and realizes it has her married name. she has been divorced for 5 years and forgot about her passport because she never used it. i know you don't need to use the passport but if she wants to does she just need her divorce papers. at that point wouldn't it just the same as birth cert and ID?

What we were told is to carry the paper trail that shows the 2 names are the same people. So tell her to take her drivers license/birth certificate, passport and also her divorce paper. The divorce paper will show she was xxx last name and then divorced and granted her maiden name back, so it will connect the puzzle. Same as on newly married with drivers license different than BC or passport, they take the marriage certificate to connect

the name puzzle.

so we sail next week. My sister goes to pull out her passport and realizes it has her married name. she has been divorced for 5 years and forgot about her passport because she never used it. i know you don't need to use the passport but if she wants to does she just need her divorce papers. at that point wouldn't it just the same as birth cert and ID?

If she has to carry all of that she might as well just bring her birth cert and driver license. No need to bring that plus the divorce papers plus her passport. I know everyone's debate about you shoul have your passport but carrying all that paper work does not make sense since she wouldn't want to carry all that on the islands.

She needs ID in her booked name, her DL will do. She also needs proof of citizenship, which can be the passport or her BC. Passport is better in case she has an emergency or needs to return home quickly. Carnival rarely asks for the paper trail, but if it worries her, then bring the Divorce papers. NONE of these items are required to be carried around on the island. They likely should stay locked in the ship safe with the possible exception of the DL at some ports.

Archived