Where on the ship do you prefer your stateroom location to be?

kencruisefever

Two cruises mid-ship on the hump (Freedom and Adventure in Jr. Suites.) I like floors 8-11, a level with only rooms below and above.

This cruise we booked only 2 months in advance, and we needed to get rooms near each other. So we are front and I'm slightly worried. We have another Jr. Suite and then an interior for our kids. I always take Murine the whole trip, so I hope the motion doesn't bother me - it is an Eastern Carib in March.

We're about to sail away on our 5th cruise and have tried out different cabin locations. The front of the ship was rough, lots of up and down motion. We experienced less movement in the back but kept hearing some large equipment every morning. (Thought it was the anchors but they are in the front) The mid ship cabin was the most comfortable as far as movement goes. Keep in mind that you will have less movement the lower you are in the ship. It's really important to check what will be above and below your cabin. We have been under the 24 hr eating area and heard the scraping of chairs literally all night long.

We're about to sail away on our 5th cruise and have tried out different cabin locations. The front of the ship was rough, lots of up and down motion. We experienced less movement in the back but kept hearing some large equipment every morning. (Thought it was the anchors but they are in the front) The mid ship cabin was the most comfortable as far as movement goes. Keep in mind that you will have less movement the lower you are in the ship. It's really important to check what will be above and below your cabin. We have been under the 24 hr eating area and heard the scraping of chairs literally all night long.

Oops! Just realize that you set sail tomorrow so this info won't be of help to you, but maybe it can help others. Bon Voyage!!

• 6 months later...
I like to book an Oceanview cabin on the lowest possible deck. I love to stare out at the water, especially at night.

If you're not partial to cruise lines and don't mind Carnival. I highly recommend the "Cove Balcony Staterooms/Cabins" (cheapest balcony) on the "Dream", "Breeze" or "Magic". These balcony staterooms are 30' above the water. Awesome views.

I loved our "Cove Balcony" on the Carnival "Dream".

The cove balconies are on Deck 2 and do not hang out of the ship, as balconies seem to do on higher decks, but instead are chiseled into it -- holes in the steel hull big enough for an open window about six feet wide. The cabin size is the same as any typical balcony but the balcony is a tad larger then an 8A or B.

I wish RCI had ship with these type of cabins.

Az some have mentioned, we learned to avoid being under public areas. We had problems in early morning hours with the cleaning, vacuum etc.

we have had low decks that had rooms above and had not problem, they are just further from things happening and like others have said I also take the stars everywhere. So, I have never gained weight during a cruise.

The last four times we had balcony's. Actually, One was a family sweet in the front of the ship and the balcony got to windy to use sometimes. The rest were midship or aft and we never had that problem.

The best cabin we had was on the Grand Plaza Deck. It was almost mid-ship to the side of the art gallery. No cabins across from us, just the wall for the gallery. Nice room with a great ocean view.

My upcoming cruise is the first one that I have picked the location. In the past I chose a grade of cabin and was assigned. Since then I found CC and learned a great deal about cabin selection.

For this next cruise I selected a cabin on the port side, as close to midship as possible without paying extra for a midship cabin (the cabin directly next to mine is midship), close to the stairs and elevators, close to the self serve laundry, and not above or below a public deck.

• 2 weeks later...
My upcoming cruise is the first one that I have picked the location. In the past I chose a grade of cabin and was assigned. Since then I found CC and learned a great deal about cabin selection.

For this next cruise I selected a cabin on the port side, as close to midship as possible without paying extra for a midship cabin (the cabin directly next to mine is midship), close to the stairs and elevators, close to the self serve laundry, and not above or below a public deck.

Interesting - I always try to be as far away from the elevators as possible. More walking = the occasional desert! I love the quiet of being aft but have had a great time doing a roller-coaster in the farthest forward cabin. But then I don't get sea sick.

If I have a balcony my choice is always aft. Failing that - Starboard side going east and port going west. I like having the sun on the balcony and in the cabin for most of the day.

And unless the ship is really tiny - passenger deck above and below for quiet.

We have our first cruise in October on the Celebrity Eclipse and as we wanted an Aqua class room, are up on deck 11, aft.

I am a bit worried about the motion but I'm going to take sea sickness pills and think positive thoughts and just enjoy myself, and it will be OK :-)

I've taken three (3) short duration cruises out of Miami all Carnival. I'm planning my 4th. on the Carnival Victory in a few weeks. Though I've only taken three cruises I really like Carnival. Sure, this year they've been the brunt of late night jokes but, I've always been treated like royalty. I always book through Lauren Rich. She's a sweetheart and is patient and will spend the time to make sure you get the best value for your buck. And, I'm one of those on a budget cruisers. I work for a major airline and she makes sure I get the airline employee deals and discounts. With that said I always go for an inside cabin. I'm there to cruise and vacation so my cabin is for sleeping and cleaning up. Location wise, I feel toward the center or the spa side is my best choice. And I can't emphasize enough, the less time you have to deal with the ship's lifts/elevators the better! Not that they are bad but they are busy and seem to stop at every deck. On my second Carnival Cruise aboard the funship Imagination I got lucky and only had to climb one flight of stairs to my cabin. This came in handy for embarkation and debarkation!. I carry my luggage and laptop on and off the ship. One thing, at least with Carnival fun ships from the 90's, check the air conditioning. The only control is a knob on the ceiling duct that opens and closes the air flow. The first two cruises my room was not cool enough for me. I called engineering and they removed the vent cover. Voila, I was able to make my cabin meat locker cold the way I like it! I'm also fortunate that I can sleep through anything as long as the temperature is cool enough. One other possible cabin issue; I use a CPAP and electrical outlets on a ship in your cabin can be prohibitive for access. So, when you check in before the muster drill if you use a CPAP or other medical device make sure you can access what you need to operate it. (Location of outlet) Have a great cruise everyone!:)

I've only been on two cruises so far and both were mid-ship. The first was mid-height and I barely felt any movement at all, even around a tropical storm on a smaller ship! My previous cruise was on deck 10, and we definitely felt the motion on that one. I am prone to seasickness, so I do have to be cautious... I take my remedies and feel fine regardless.

At first I had the next cruise booked alllll the way at the front of the ship, but after reading on CC, I panicked and am now mid-ship. I think I will eventually give aft a try, though. I also typically try to choose a deck closest to my favorite locations.

• 3 weeks later...

We always book a balcony and a cabin that has cabins above and below it. We prefer mid-aft, but will take one further aft. don't mind the walk to the elevators as it is exercise!!

Most important issue in our decision is that the cabin actually be ON the ship ;):D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have only been on a few cruises. The first was the Emerald Princess 8+ years ago, inside mid-ships cabin. I hated it. I am not claustrophobic, but I love to have sunlight/moonlight/fresh air at my fingertips.

The Second was in 2011 on The Carnival Imagination. We had the all-to-secret Owners Suite that overlooked the main Pool. THis was a enormous cabin with a very large balcony on the starbord side. Floor-to-ceiling windows (soundproof) with full curtin shades along the curved long-wall of the cabin. A simply enormous cabin, but it was just below the running track, on the forward section of the ship.

We rarely heard charis or commotion from above, and as there are only two cabins on this top-of-the-atrium deck, zero foot traffic problems.

My thrid cruis is coming this dec 1st, and we have the Port-side Captain's Cabin, 9202 on the Carnival Conquest. I got spoiled by the previous cruisem so I went searching for its equivelent for this cruise. My wife and I practically liveo n the water in the summer here on Cape Cod, so movement while at sea does not affect us. Also, the forward-facing windows will be a bonus, similar to the aft facing cabins (probably my second choice), with a view rarely available with cabins on many ships.

(excuse my typing errors, dislexia and fat fingers are a bad combination).