Booking after Final Payment - Can you get price drops?

Payd

Yesterday there was a thread on the Boards, and I find myself needing to clarify as it will impact our booking decision.

We are looking to book a 7 day cruise in December. At this point when we do book, final payment will be due immediately.

Traditionally we book well in advance so that we can take advantage of Early Saver and the accompanying price drops. Obviously this booking is more "last minute"

The question is: If we book under a past guest rate and find a price drop in the future...will we qualify for OBC?

I thought the answer was clear until yesterday where I saw some mixed messaging.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Payd

Thanks everyone.

I was positive the answer was no...but again a thread from yesterday had me wondering.

The price drop issue is likely what lead to Early Saver.

Good idea about booking and then inquiring about upgrades if the price drops. It leads to another question. Do you only get "within category" upgrades? Ie. interior to interior and balcony to balcony? Or can you go interior to balcony?

Thanks everyone.

I was positive the answer was no...but again a thread from yesterday had me wondering.

The price drop issue is likely what lead to Early Saver.

Good idea about booking and then inquiring about upgrades if the price drops. It leads to another question. Do you only get "within category" upgrades? Ie. interior to interior and balcony to balcony? Or can you go interior to balcony?

You can upgrade to whichever category you want. If you paid $549 for an inside cabin and now a balcony is $549 you can upgrade.

Archived