5-night Canada Cruise on the Triumph..

ZIPBAGS

My wife and I are doing the 5 night cruise leaving on July 30. I am also leaving the kids home. But, was curious.

-Are their a lot of kids on this cruise?

-What is better the early or late seatings for dinner?

-And when do the shows usually start?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Our very first cruise was a five night to Canada on the Victory out of New York two years ago. It was the same time of the year as yours. Yes, because of the July date there will be a lot of kids on board. Maybe we are kind of easygoing but I can say, in general, they were not a problem (although I sometimes wonder how some parents can leave their children unsupervised).

Early or late seating for dinner is a matter of personal choice. We chose late and were happy. If you like to get to bed early, though, go for the first serving. The shows will start either immediately before or after dinner.

One hint: we assumed it would be warm in Canada. It was actually quite chilly. Bring a jacket or sweater along. Hope this was helpful.

Have done this cruise twice. Once on the Victory and onceon the Truimph. Both great ships.

Closest date to yours was Aug 6 in 2001 I think. We had no children with us, but I didn't notice too many either. However alot more families are traveling with kids in tow.

We always take the early seating as husband is a diabetic. Never had a problem and leaves room for a snack later on LOL

I would suggest Peggy's Cove in Halifax if taveling without children. One of the nicest place on earth.

Bring a pair of binoculars there are alot of whales and porpoises that time of year.

Have a great time, and yes bring a hooded sweatshirt the Truimph can have some very brrrrrrrrr cold areas.

i'm leaving on her in june to canada. how is the weather in june?

We were in Saint John on 6/30 and Halifax on 7/1 last year on Victory. The day in Saint John was overcast and very cool, and we needed sweatshirts. The next day in Halifax was warm, and we didn't need out jackets. I'd bring a jacket/sweatshirt, but don't be surprised if it's warm.

Also - be prepared for the ship's horn to sound while you're at sea. I've read a number of posts from folks who have been startled to hear the horn every few minutes at night; the North Atlantic is known for fog, and the ship is required to sound her horn while in the fog. I rather enjoyed it - it added to the atmosphere.

There were a number of kids on our cruise, but aside from some kids in the adult-only hot tubs, I thought they were pretty well behaved. The Camp Carnival activities keep a lot of the younger kids busy.

Hope this helps!

Archived