Bermuda storm tuesday

Maureenie Beanie

That information is contradicted by the National Hurricane Center forecast, which predicts the storm will weaken, and start moving to the southwest, which means it would be moving back toward the Bahamas and away from Bermuda.

This graphic shows the predicted path of the storm:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/144056.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents

This discusses the predicted weakening of the storm and movement to the southwest:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT1+shtml/121439.shtml

Early days yet. Our weather service is reporting that TS Patty is not a threat to the island and, as njhorseman said, they don't expect it to be.

However, there is a low pressure system to the distant south that has potential for becoming a tropical storm which the Bermuda Weather Service are monitoring as it could affect us early next week.

I think we'll be ok. Right now, closest point of approach is 107nm to the ESE on Tuesday afternoon, however, every update we've had shows it moving further and further away so even if it is a hurricane, the hurricane-force winds may remain off-shore.

I think we'll be ok. Right now, closest point of approach is 107nm to the ESE on Tuesday afternoon, however, every update we've had shows it moving further and further away so even if it is a hurricane, the hurricane-force winds may remain off-shore.

And I sure hope they do! Unlike most posters on this board who worry about what a storm will do to their cruise to Bermuda, I am off cruising at the end of the week and am worried that my flight from Bermuda might be impacted.

And we always lose power during and after a hurricane - how do you prepare and pack with no electricity or running water?!!! Fingers crossed that Rafael keeps going east ...

And I sure hope they do! Unlike most posters on this board who worry about what a storm will do to their cruise to Bermuda, I am off cruising at the end of the week and am worried that my flight from Bermuda might be impacted.

And we always lose power during and after a hurricane - how do you prepare and pack with no electricity or running water?!!! Fingers crossed that Rafael keeps going east ...

If you do not have one, you might consider buying a generator now. We live in SWFL; and, own a generator, and have not had to use it for seven years. However, it is akin to an isurance policy since we have no worries vis-a-vis our fridge and freezer contents, etc.

If you do not have one, you might consider buying a generator now. We live in SWFL; and, own a generator, and have not had to use it for seven years. However, it is akin to an isurance policy since we have no worries vis-a-vis our fridge and freezer contents, etc.

Sorry but I think small domestic generators are an abomination - the noise and air pollution produced by them is appalling. The old folks home across the street has a backup generator (understandably) but when the power goes out, no-one in the neighbourhood can sleep because of the noise.

Sorry but I think small domestic generators are an abomination - the noise and air pollution produced by them is appalling. The old folks home across the street has a backup generator (understandably) but when the power goes out, no-one in the neighbourhood can sleep because of the noise.

But, I bet that those folks eat well; and, if their generator is of sufficient size they enjoy their air conditioning. Dedlightfully, our neighbors are not overly sensitive; and, many of us enjoy our genertors. As a matter of fact, those of us with generators assist some of our neighbors with food storage and cooking etc.

Interestlingly, one neighborhood of liberal folks attempted to ban generators in their area a few years ago; and, that lasted about one day before the right thinking folks took charge.

Congrats, since the storm has already apparently passed you; and, its winds were probably not more than 30-40 mph. I assume that none of your had to crank up your generators.

You are right, it was another storm-that-wasn't (like Leslie) for which I am very grateful. I didn't even close my windows.

And now it looks like we have a nice breezy and clear day to dry everything out, we did get 2.11" of rain so all our tanks are full.

Archived