Fancy Meal Help??

RoonilWazlib

You might want to see the Restaurant Manager when you board. The RM is in charge of all the restaurants. You can usually find the RM at the Main Diningroom when you board. What cruise will you be on? If we know the ship and date someone can probably get you the name of the RM. I know many of them quite well.

You might want to see the Restaurant Manager when you board. The RM is in charge of all the restaurants. You can usually find the RM at the Main Diningroom when you board. What cruise will you be on? If we know the ship and date someone can probably get you the name of the RM. I know many of them quite well.

We will be on the Celebrity Silhouette sailing April 29 from Civitavecchia.

Hi,

Congratulations!

My suggestion would be Murano. We ate there on the Silhouette a couple of weeks ago and had a very enjoyable evening. The service there is impeccable, not fussy, but the sort of service where the waiter is unobtrusive but has everything under control.

I looked at the online menu and among the appetisers I found the following 5 which a vegetarian, though probably not a vegan would be able to eat

Wild Forest Mushroom Cappuccino

Glazed Shiitake-Spiced Flan, Mushroom Biscotti

(Probably the best cream of mushroom soup you will ever eat!).

Phyllo Baked Anjou Pear with Roquefort Cheese

Lollo Rosso Lettuce, Spice Coated Pecans, Port Wine Reduction

(Translated as cheese and pear baked in pastry)

Warm Goat Cheese Soufflé

Smoked Tomato Coulis, Parmesan Cream, Basil Pesto

Porcini & Morel Risotto

Vegetable Paysanne, Truffle Foam, Chervil, Garlic Chips

(mushrooms cooked with rice)

Heirloom Tomato & Buffalo Mozzarella Salad

Granny Smith Apple, Cantaloupe Micro Basil & White Balsamic Emulsion

For mains just

Vegetable Mélange

Pea Fricassée, Potato Soufflé, Imam Biyaldi Quenelle, Carrot Fondant, Curry Emulsion

but I bet they would be able to make an entree sized risotto, or offer alternatives if given enough notice.

The cheese course is not to be missed nor are the desserts.

If it were me I would go to Murano for that "special occasion" feel

Susan

Cemal Ozcelik is the current RM on Silhouette. He is fantastic and wound most certainly do everything he could to make your dinner special. I hope to see him next month and find out if he'll be there for your cruise. Post your name and date of your cruise and I'll give it to him.

Hi,

Congratulations!

My suggestion would be Murano. We ate there on the Silhouette a couple of weeks ago and had a very enjoyable evening. The service there is impeccable, not fussy, but the sort of service where the waiter is unobtrusive but has everything under control.

I looked at the online menu and among the appetisers I found the following 5 which a vegetarian, though probably not a vegan would be able to eat

Wild Forest Mushroom Cappuccino

Glazed Shiitake-Spiced Flan, Mushroom Biscotti

(Probably the best cream of mushroom soup you will ever eat!).

Phyllo Baked Anjou Pear with Roquefort Cheese

Lollo Rosso Lettuce, Spice Coated Pecans, Port Wine Reduction

(Translated as cheese and pear baked in pastry)

Warm Goat Cheese Soufflé

Smoked Tomato Coulis, Parmesan Cream, Basil Pesto

Porcini & Morel Risotto

Vegetable Paysanne, Truffle Foam, Chervil, Garlic Chips

(mushrooms cooked with rice)

Heirloom Tomato & Buffalo Mozzarella Salad

Granny Smith Apple, Cantaloupe Micro Basil & White Balsamic Emulsion

For mains just

Vegetable Mélange

Pea Fricassée, Potato Soufflé, Imam Biyaldi Quenelle, Carrot Fondant, Curry Emulsion

but I bet they would be able to make an entree sized risotto, or offer alternatives if given enough notice.

The cheese course is not to be missed nor are the desserts.

If it were me I would go to Murano for that "special occasion" feel

Susan

Thank you for your translations! Lol. They are very helpful! I am leaning towards Murano at this point, just for the special occasion-ness of the event. Also, we obviously each only need one meal, so if left with only one veggie or only one non-seafood choice, I think it will be just fine (as long as I can convince fiance to be a little more adventurous than usual)! :)

Cemal Ozcelik is the current RM on Silhouette. He is fantastic and wound most certainly do everything he could to make your dinner special. I hope to see him next month and find out if he'll be there for your cruise. Post your name and date of your cruise and I'll give it to him.

I will write that name down, just in case. Thank you! We are Kacie and Kevin, cruising the Silhouette April 29-May 11 2013. Wedding date is May 1 (day 3).

Everyone has given their advice based on their exeriences of those restaurants about your ship. That is always a brilliant starting point to get the point of view of someone who has ate there before. Nobody knows of a special restaurant in Malta that they have ate at and had a wonderful time. Personally I would not want to eat on such a special day on somewhere just on spec. You will never be able to repeat your wedding day again (hopefully!) and want to have great memories of it.

My advice is eat on the ship it has a good reutation. Also you can speak to someone before the special day and maybe get it even more special for the two of you. I have not been on that ship but have eaten in the speciality restaurants on the millenium class ships. I have eaten in some really lovely restaurants around the world but the speciality restaurants on board have not been beaten for food, service and simply being made to feel really special. Isn't that what you want on this special of all days?

What ever you choose I hope it goes well for you and all the best for the future.

I would certainly vote for eating ashore in Valletta. It will be a unique opportunity, and with your timetable and the late departure, you should have no problems.

I went to Tripadvisor (Cruise Critic's sister website, more geared toward land travel) and looked at their list of top-rated restaurants in Valletta. The one at the top of the list, Palazzo Preca, really stood out to me. It's situated in restored 15th century Maltese villa; has a glass floor through which you can view the substantial wine cellar, etc., etc...... If you wanted, I'm sure you could contact them in advance and set up something special (as well as reserving).

Here's the full list:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g190328-Valletta_Island_of_Malta.html

And you can visit their Facebook page for more information and yummy food photos:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Palazzo-Preca-Restaurant/193652957373554

Everyone has been giving such good and thoughtful replies, but many are conflicting, and we still are doubting a decision!!

The menu in Tuscan Grille definitely sounds more like us. But everyone keeps saying how memorable and special the experience is in Murano! So I guess I'm leaning towards the Tuscan Grille, and just praying it'll be special enough for this night we've been planning for soooo long now!

Wow, many, many congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Couple of things to add, if you can try to be up for the sail into Valletta harbour, it is truly breathtaking and worth getting up early for, you could start your day by having Champagne breakfast in your room as you sail in. So romantic. Malta is a beautiful island and I am certain you will have a very special day.

I'd be inclined to dine in Tuscan Grille, the sevice there is impeccable and I'm sure if you advise them it is your wedding night, it will be made even more special for you. Enjoy, enjoy.

A little tip to end your day - arrange to have the rose petals scattered on your bed and the chocolate dipped strawberries. I did this as a surprise for DH on our anniversary, so romantic, and the fragrance was amazing as we walked into the cabin. Don't forget the candles either, the battery operated type, not the same as real ones but still pretty.

Have a wonderful time.

Wen x

I dined in all the specialty restaurants on Silhouette at least once. Of them all, Murano was definitely the most elegant experience. The goat cheese souffle was amazing! I eat seafood so I had lobster, which was prepared table side. My husband had the filet mignon, which was perfect - tender enough to cut with a fork. It was definitely a memorable experience. However, the menu does focus heavily on seafood/meat dishes so it may not be a perfect match for the OP.

Tuscan Grille is also very good, although not quite as elegant. One nice thing about Tuscan Grille is it has large windows overlooking the back of the ship. We were able to get a window table and watch the moonlight reflect off the waves & ship wake while we dined. In Murano they had the drapes closed when we were there during dinner so no sea viewing.

Tuscan Grille has a nice variety of dishes, including more non-meat items than Murano. I would think the menu for Tuscan would be adaptable to the OP's dietary needs.

Personally, I would eat in port (and usually do when we are docked that late). I enjoy trying local food items, but I'm not really a picky eater. I'll eat just about anything that isn't pork, beef, or lamb. On our cruise, we were docked in Santorini from 2-10. We had a wonderful al-fresco dinner (it wasn't the fanciest of places) where we could watch the sunset over the ocean. That was a dinner that I won't forget - the location, view, and company (my wonderful hubby!) made it special.

Archived