What options are available for abandoned passengers?

Old Joke:

One blast of ships horn: Signal the bartender and order another drink.

Two blasts of ships horn: Signal the bartender, order another drink and ask him to call you a taxi.

Three blasts of ships horn: Signal the bartender, order another drink and ask him for the name and location of a good hotel. Because the ship has sailed.:eek:

Bob

LOL. too funny

Back in the 90's I witnessed a pilot boat carrying passengers who missed the ship. The ship slowed down to almost a stop and the pilot boat pulled up along side and 2 passengers climbed aboard, they same way the pilot climbs aboard when reaching a port, and the way Customs climbs aboard today. Don't know how much they had to pay for this, but I'm sure there was a charge of some sort. Do they still do this, I wonder? Perhaps not cause it seems a little dangerous for a novice.

We too like to verandah watch sail away from a port to see who made it and who did not. Once leaving St Maarten we watched a couple climb from the pilot boat on a rope ladder to the pilot boat entrance.- Scary and dangerous. We also watched a pilot boat get turned away in Cartegena, Columbia. As a result I am a fanatic about being back on time. They will leave you . I still do not want to be left anywhere.

Archived