What does Priority Dinner Seating mean?

purplekisses

Not quite... the FTTF and P/D can "pass" the line for ATD.

Sorry, I disagree with you. We are Platinum with ATD and have had to wait in line to get to the hostess just like everyone else. Skipping ahead of everyone to get to the front of the ATD line is NOT a FTTF, Platinum or Diamond benefit.

Also, once at the hostess station, if a table for 2, 4 or whatever we are requesting is not available, and others are waiting for the same size table, FTTF, Diamond or Platinum does NOT move us ahead of the others who have requested the table before us.

.....As impolite as it is to our servers, we now arrive for dinner as close to 6:00 or 6:01 as possible, and walk right in. ...

Question,

If we have the later YTD time (I think 8 or 8:30, and not ATD ),

how late can we show up?

On RCCL we got there within 5-10 minutes after the time.

We make mom walk there, it is her only exercise,

we just don't want to make her wait in a line.

:rolleyes:

Also, once at the hostess station, if a table for 2, 4 or whatever we are requesting is not available, and others are waiting for the same size table, FTTF, Diamond or Platinum does NOT move us ahead of the others who have requested the table before us.

Again different ships, different sailing dates seems to be what rules... I have seen with my own eyes a P/D "Jump" the line for requests... about 2 cruises ago I was the first in line and was jumped by a P card holder. Did not bother me as I knew soon I would be the same. So again what you experience on one cruise may have nothing to do with the next.

Just remember I posted what I had heard and seen... that's all I can say.

I have SEEN P/D skip lines and HEARD that the FTTF could do so for ATD. If it's not so on your cruise so be it. If I change to ATD I will see for myself the next cruise.

Question,

If we have the later YTD time (I think 8 or 8:30, and not ATD ),

how late can we show up?

On RCCL we got there within 5-10 minutes after the time.

We make mom walk there, it is her only exercise,

we just don't want to make her wait in a line.

you either get traditional or YTD.

with YTD-- you can be seated up til 9:30 (seatings start at 5:45pm)

with traditional dining the doors open at 6pm or 8:15 (not a minute before- so dont leave your cabin until that time)

if you have a set seating which is 6pm or 8:15 you should show up on time. Servers here are on a schedule- the dining room is served in a certain order.

it is considered rude to show up later. It sets the kitchen back some.

with YTD-- it depends on the people-- on our last cruise many people were lines up at 5:45pm before the door opened for anytime-- so by 7pm there was another line out the door waiting for that first wave of people to get finished.

you either get traditional or YTD.

with YTD-- you can be seated up til 9:30 (seatings start at 5:45pm)

with traditional dining the doors open at 6pm or 8:15 (not a minute before- so dont leave your cabin until that time)

if you have a set seating which is 6pm or 8:15 you should show up on time. Servers here are on a schedule- the dining room is served in a certain order.

it is considered rude to show up later. It sets the kitchen back some.

with YTD-- it depends on the people-- on our last cruise many people were lines up at 5:45pm before the door opened for anytime-- so by 7pm there was another line out the door waiting for that first wave of people to get finished.

We dont have your time dining.. what is that?

I think they mean ATD as anytime dining.. but maybe they are calling traditional YTD??

.. the way the question was asked, those abbreviations are confusing. But since ATD must be anytime dining, that only leaves traditional ..

Or maybe ATD means something else..

We dont have your time dining.. what is that?

I think they mean ATD as anytime dining.. but maybe they are calling traditional YTD??

.. the way the question was asked, those abbreviations are confusing. But since ATD must be anytime dining, that only leaves traditional ..

Or maybe ATD means something else..

Seriously Fire?!?!?!

Dinner

Early Seating: 6:00 PM

Late Seating: 8:15 PM

*Your Time: 5:45 to 9:30 PM

*Prefer a little flexibility? No reservations required. Your Time dining allows you to dine in the main dining room, at your leisure, anytime between 5:45 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Guests are seated first-come, first-serve, depending on party size. In most cases, guests are accommodated within 20 minutes. However, pagers are provided if all tables are occupied so guests can relax elsewhere on the ship until their table is ready. Due to the limited number of large table availability, parties with greater than 10 guests may need to be accommodated at different tables.

Sorry, I disagree with you. We are Platinum with ATD and have had to wait in line to get to the hostess just like everyone else. Skipping ahead of everyone to get to the front of the ATD line is NOT a FTTF, Platinum or Diamond benefit.

FTTF sure did work that way for us...we never waited to dine ~ always whisked up to the front of the line on the Imagination in Sept. 10. Nor did we ever wait for a table. Always got exactly what we asked for without question.

.....traditional dining the doors open at 6pm or 8:15 (not a minute before- so dont leave your cabin until that time)

if you have a set seating which is 6pm or 8:15 you should show up on time. .....

If we leave the cabin at 8:15, we cannot be there at 8:15, so I guess if we are 5- 10 minutes late, is that OK?

Well on the Freedom YTD/ATD did not allow this Platinum diner to by pass any lines and we did go up and try. We also waited more than 45 minutes and switched to traditional late.

As someone else mentioned it may vary ship to ship but the intent was for your booking preference is what we were told and not for by passing lines for YTD. Good luck on your sailing.

We have been Platinum for a good many cruises (16) now and always choose the Your time dining(since it was started). We have never tried to go to the Front of the Line but always wait our turn. We usually go at a time when there is none or not a long line. Sometimes there are 2 lines (on some ships) where one is for fixed and one is for YTD. I have never seen the Priority Dining mean anything but how you get your reservations confirmed or maybe having a better place on a waiting list.

If you want to start a riot have everyone start breaking in line. Courtesy folks is always the best for everyone.

Just to clarify.... we had FTTF, not Platinum....and weren't even aware we had this perk until the first night at the dining room. The dining assistant saw FTTF on our card and whisked us to the right side of the divided line, as well as other FTTF people. The Maitre D' also acknowledged the FTTF designation and immediately seated us. It had nothing to do with being Platinum, and at the time, FTTF was only avail on the two original ships and not a ship-wide perk ~ which could help explain the differences people are reporting?

Again different ships, different sailing dates seems to be what rules... I have seen with my own eyes a P/D "Jump" the line for requests... about 2 cruises ago I was the first in line and was jumped by a P card holder. Did not bother me as I knew soon I would be the same. So again what you experience on one cruise may have nothing to do with the next.

Just remember I posted what I had heard and seen... that's all I can say.

I have SEEN P/D skip lines and HEARD that the FTTF could do so for ATD. If it's not so on your cruise so be it. If I change to ATD I will see for myself the next cruise.

When is your cruise on Dream? We are also going in Nov and I hope what you are saying is how it is. I just know we haven't had that experience, but I am all for it! I hope you are going before us (11/24) so you can tell me what I need to do.

Either way, we will both enjoy our cruises.

We just came off the Imagination and purchased the FTTF. We had anytime dining and they had 2 lines. Left line for most people and right line for priority. It was really nice to just go right in. We loved the FTTF and will use it again if available.:)

Well it sounds like FTTF are getting priority over other priority seating guests such as platinum and diamonds. At least on select sailings. I suppose that is excellent news for them but should be communicated to the other guests who are also should be receiving those perks on those sailings.

When is your cruise on Dream? We are also going in Nov and I hope what you are saying is how it is. I just know we haven't had that experience, but I am all for it! I hope you are going before us (11/24) so you can tell me what I need to do.

Either way, we will both enjoy our cruises.

Dang, no we will be on the 11/3 sailing and it is getting close!

I really don't know whether it will be that way on the Dream. Will see when we get on. As for people that have P/D and do not use the perks all I can say is "Oh Well"

Archived