Thinking of taking my 1st Carnival Cruise!

maspaws

Just returned from eight days on the RCI Enchantment of the Seas - my second RCI cruise. Had a great time, no major issues, but much prefer my six Carnival cruises in the following areas: ship condition, food, cleanliness, shows, activities, decor, staff attitude, and Carnival is just plain more fun. Nuff said. (Should also mention I tried Norwegian Star and loved it too!)

Just returned from eight days on the RCI Enchantment of the Seas - my second RCI cruise. Had a great time, no major issues, but much prefer my six Carnival cruises in the following areas: ship condition, food, cleanliness, shows, activities, decor, staff attitude, and Carnival is just plain more fun. Nuff said. (Should also mention I tried Norwegian Star and loved it too!)

Interesting - I felt RCI maintains their ships better than Carnival, considering age. The rest I agree with.

We've only cruised Carnival, so I can't compare it to any other cruise lines. However, Carnival hasn't given us any reason to not go with them. Some people will complain about this or that, or talk about "perks" they have lost with Carnival, but even with cutbacks, Carnival hasn't given us a reason to not sail with them. Unlike cruise lines like NCL that want to nickel and dime for every thing, and RCCL that apparently is going more and more to ala carte cruising, they are giving us reasons to not branch out and try their services.

Unlike... RCCL that apparently is going more and more to ala carte cruising

A la carte cruising? Can you explain what RCCL is doing (at least when compared to Carnival?).

While I do agree that Carnival and Royal are not the "more alike than not" cruise lines that they used to be, I feel as if they chage extra for the same exact things. The one thing where we spent more money on Royal was on alternative restaurants (because they had so many) but even Carnival is headed that way too (they already have the Steakhouse, the Cafe on the Way, and the newest ships have the alternative Italian restaurant).

We've only cruised Carnival, so I can't compare it to any other cruise lines. ............................

......................... cruise lines like NCL that want to nickel and dime for every thing, and RCCL that apparently is going more and more to ala carte cruising, they are giving us reasons to not branch out and try their services.

How can you say that without sailing on them with admittedly no other experience to speak of?

My parents are in their 60's and have cruised all the lines you've mentioned. They love Carnival the most.

My brothers are in their 40's. 1 only cruises Carnival, and 1 goes between Carnival and RC.

I'm 24, DH is 29. We love Carnival and only cruise Carnival now.

None of us are partiers, all of us are active.

Point is, Carnival is great for all ages. There are nay-sayers for every line. I say give it a shot. You might love it! If you don't, you were still on a cruise!

I have been on NCL, Celebrity, Princess and Holland America, all are more expensive than Carnival. I somehow got the impression that Carnival is for the young partiers and not older folks. I have talked with a woman on one of my cruises that loves, loves, loves Carnival above all others. She is also older and really talked up the cruise line. My question is for all you Carnival cruisers, how do they compare to others? Is it a good it for older but very active people? I am considering a Mexican Riveria cruise in January the price is so good. But a little worried.

---

I am in my 30s and would not be considered a party animal. I have cruised other lines but always come back to Carnival. For me, it is the great customer service I have received thus far, the wonderful experience with an affordable price tag, the cleanliness and the variety of ports.

I have not cruised the Mexican Riveria (so I can not speak on that). It is on my bucket list. Whichever line you decide on, have fun!

I really enjoyed cruising Mexican Riviera on the Splendor last March, I would love to be able to do that again before they move the Splendor.

As for the nickle and diming, I just got off of Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas and I felt that RCCI was a bit worse about it.

Archived