Visas for Infinity S.A.

Monochrome

Chili will charge you , please read the following. It was $100 when we were there, but apparently has gone up. They only took cash when we were there, same for ecuador

Chile

An "entrance fee" will be collected from all citizens of the United States, Canada, and Australia arriving in Chile. This is not a visa fee.

How much is the fee?

For U.S. citizens, the fee is approximately $140 USD.

For Australian citizens, the fee is approximately $61 USD.

For Canadian citizens, the fee is approximately $132 USD.

* Estimated amounts are based on conversion rates and are subject to change. Paid in USD.

How often do I need to pay these fees?

For U.S. and Canadian passport holders, the fee is paid once and is valid until the current passport expires. For Australian passport holders, the fee is valid for 90 days.

Can these fees be paid in advance?

No. These are not visa fees and cannot be paid in advance. It will be collected upon entry into the country.

Are these fees included in the price of my airline ticket?

No. The fee is not included in your airline ticket price and must be paid by credit card, traveler's check, or cash (USD) upon arrival into the country.

Who is subject to this fee?

All travelers to Chile holding a U.S., Canadian, or Australian passport.

I don't believe that the fee is charged when entering by ship, only when arriving at the airport. And there is no departure fee.

You have to get there, so if you don't fly in, you pay when you fly out. We have flown in many years ago and had to pay $20.....years later we flew out of Santiago and it was $100, and you can see the post I cut and pasted. No one believed me then, but it is the truth and you need to have cash as they do not take credit cards.

Chili will charge you , please read the following. It was $100 when we were there, but apparently has gone up. They only took cash when we were there, same for ecuador

Chile

An "entrance fee" will be collected from all citizens of the United States, Canada, and Australia arriving in Chile. This is not a visa fee.

How much is the fee?

For U.S. citizens, the fee is approximately $140 USD.

For Australian citizens, the fee is approximately $61 USD.

For Canadian citizens, the fee is approximately $132 USD.

* Estimated amounts are based on conversion rates and are subject to change. Paid in USD.

How often do I need to pay these fees?

For U.S. and Canadian passport holders, the fee is paid once and is valid until the current passport expires. For Australian passport holders, the fee is valid for 90 days.

Can these fees be paid in advance?

No. These are not visa fees and cannot be paid in advance. It will be collected upon entry into the country.

Are these fees included in the price of my airline ticket?

No. The fee is not included in your airline ticket price and must be paid by credit card, traveler's check, or cash (USD) upon arrival into the country.

Who is subject to this fee?

All travelers to Chile holding a U.S., Canadian, or Australian passport.

I don't believe that the fee is charged when entering by ship, only when arriving at the airport. And there is no departure fee.

The fee is an airport entry fee. The was no fee for arriving by ship and no airport departure fee. (Researching) Everything I just read says the fee is required at the SANTIAGO AIRPORT. One site said that if you come by ship, car, foot. There is no fee. ~ Ric

The fee is an airport entry fee. The was no fee for arriving by ship and no airport departure fee. (Researching) Everything I just read says the fee is required at the SANTIAGO AIRPORT. One site said that if you come by ship, car, foot. There is no fee. ~ Ric

Believe me, you are going to have to pay when you leave the Santiago airport. That is where that cruise ends....Valpariso. Go back and read what I posted. There is an exit or entrance free

Merriem, as you can see from your own post, they DO take credit cards. I have the receipt for my payment from January 2013, along with the ENTRY document which is stapled to my passport.

This situation (the fee) has changed over the years. As you, yourself noted, the fee has gone up. They have also standardized it as an ENTRY fee to be paid on arrival at the airport.

Did this exact cruise December, 2009. It was wonderful from the ship, to the crew and the scenery. Took Celebrity Shore Excursion. Some good, some not so good.

We took the ships excursion from Valparaiso to Santiago. It was very nice, but the trip was overbooked and the last 2 buses (we were on an early bus)

We did not pay an exit fee in 2009 to leave Santiago, Chile.

Enjoy!!!

I would like to add, the first time we did this cruise on a different line, we arrived in the airport in Santiago, and did pay the entrance fee, and back then it was cash. The second time we flew into Buenos Aires and got off in Valpariso we flew out of Santiago. We still had the appropriate documents in our passports, so we did not pay anything. The option of credit cards was not available.

It is one of my favorite trips and know you will have a great time. Their are vans that you can take from the terminal in Valpariso that you can share with another couple, very safe, and probably cheaper than Celebrity. We stayed in Chile another two weeks so we had no need to go to the airport. It is a good 2 hours to the airport during traffic, so have plenty of time if you are catching a plane.

I am a US citizen and have been to Chile four times since the Visa Reciprocity Fee started, entering once by train and three times by boat. I have never paid a Visa Reciprocity fee. It has been almost two years since the last time I've done that, so possible there have been changes, but I don't think so. I have also been to Argentina since they instituted their Visa Reciprocity Fee, entering by ferry from Colonia, Uruguay - again no fee paid.

I don't think you will pay, but I would make sure that you have the money to pay if required.

Thom

Archived