Back to the Maasdam

Alcarondas

Have any of you stayed in a Lanai cabin? We are thinking of trying one on a New England cruise -- sounds like we might enjoy it 'almost' as much as having our own private verandah - we don't sit on our own very often but love the view.

I am thinking it would be so nice to open the door and be on the promenade. Any experiences? I assume the windows/door are darkened a bit to help with privacy from those outside?

Thanks for any info.

Have any of you stayed in a Lanai cabin? We are thinking of trying one on a New England cruise -- sounds like we might enjoy it 'almost' as much as having our own private verandah - we don't sit on our own very often but love the view.

I am thinking it would be so nice to open the door and be on the promenade. Any experiences? I assume the windows/door are darkened a bit to help with privacy from those outside?

Thanks for any info.

I've not stayed in the cabin, but did stay across the passageway, and went through the lanai cabin.

You do give up some things to get that direct access to the outside. Primarily, you give up the desk with drawers. The area of the bed and couch is reversed, with the bed turned 90 degrees. To make space to walk by the foot of the bed, the desk is shortened, and there is no room for drawers underneath. There is really no place to put anything down, except as you use it, either.

There are drawers under the bed, if you can bend down to use them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived