IE 2013 useful info "3" plus some nonsense.

Rebel Rouser

Hi Jan ...hope you're soon back to normality!

I've had same sort of thing which I reckon came via the air conditioning and it took ages to get rid of, and it was difficult to find anything to soothe it, I found standing in a steamy shower was the best. Nowadays I take a saline nasal spray with me and squirt up my nose every night and also turn the air con to the middle of the dial and not hot or cold....this seems to have done the trick and have been cough free for a couple of years now!!:) We also sit in the back row of any bus/coach so there's no-one behind coughing and spluttering over us !! :)

Hope it all goes well then RR and that the weather is OK for you!:)

My son and his family are moving from Hampshire to Devon over the weekend so John and I are driving 200 miles roundtrip to get the keys for them on Thursday and then the same again on Sunday to be there when they arrive with the lorry load !! Hope the weather is getting a bit warmer by then! :)

Then, providing all is well with our sale, we will be moving around 1st May...but just across the road !! :)

Thanks everyone.:) 100 day cough is probably right as we're nowhere near over it. It's definitely not an air-con cough, which I've had in the past, but a nasty virus which backs off for a few hours then launches another attack. The worst part is the coughing spasms which you can't stop once they start. Exhausting! I'll shut up about it now as I'm so bored with it.

I won't be going on the Majesty in the near future, that's for sure. There was a warning I should have taken notice of on a YouTube video done by a lady a few weeks before we went, she mentioned the coughing and recommended taking cough medicine. I wish I had.:eek:

Jan:)

Thanks everyone.:)

I won't be going on the Majesty in the near future, that's for sure.

We did Christmas week on Majesty I was ill on return ended up off work for a month and in hospital on a drip for a week..... coughing..... virus.... nightmare ! Have to say the holiday was brilliant though

We did Christmas week on Majesty I was ill on return ended up off work for a month and in hospital on a drip for a week..... coughing..... virus.... nightmare ! Have to say the holiday was brilliant though

You have my sympathies, I can well believe you ended up in hospital and I have fears for some of the very elderly that were on that ship. My hubby got it when we got back but I started on the Tuesday night. We were committed to a trip on Gomera and I sat on the bus at the back with a tissue clamped to my face the whole time as I didn't want to spread it. I've never been in bed so much in the last few weeks and it's still getting me badly if I go out in the cold. People need to know about this, funnily enough we ventured out to the afternoon film yesterday for a change of scenery and after sitting there for a while with a couple of hundred, mainly older people, I suddenly realized that not one of them had 'the cough'. That narrows it down a bit.

Have a nice holiday MChap.:):)

After yesterdays house move for Son, up and down stairs 100 times, jumping in and out of the removal van 100 times ...today I'm walking about like one of the wooden tops :D

Mind you I did sleep well :o starts all over again today putting all the flat pack furniture back together again :rolleyes:

On a more sadder note, the good ship is not sailing as planned this week :eek:

Somewhere the old girl took on some dodgy fuel and the whole week has been disrupted, at this moment in time she is in Barcelona where I believe it should have been in Ajaccio.