Shuttle Bus to Taormina

Sag13

Hi folks,

This will be our first cruise with Seabourn on the Pride. know that many cruise lines offer a shuttle bus from Messina to Taormina. Then you are on your own till a specified time to pick up the bus for your return to ship. Does Seabourn have this?

I cannot answer your question exactly but will do my best.

Seabourn normally offers a free shuttle to the city centre when the distance makes it awkward to walk out of the port area. I was in Messina on a ship many many years ago and the area where passenger ships berth is adjacent to the town so I would be surprised if a shuttle was even operated.

Looking at the shore excursions offered for the Pride's visit to Messina in November, I see that they have one tour that includes a visit to Taormina so again I think it is unlikely that they would offer a free shuttle in parallel.

Taormina is very pretty and well worth seeing. In the past we have anchored off Giardini Naxos (?) and had a shuttle bus from the tender area up to Taormina - still a 20 minute drive - but I would also be surprised if they run a shuttle from Messina. It would be a worth while excursion - the theatre is also interesting, at one end of the little town.

A year ago this week we were on the Legend with a scheduled stop in Taormina. Due to some issue, we docked instead in Messina, and yes, Seabourn did provide a shuttle service to Taormina. The shuttle dropped us off, we had a few hours to ourselves, then we caught the shuttle back. Not sure if they would have a shuttle if the regularly scheduled stop is Messina though.

While I didn't get a chance to tour Messina, we truly enjoyed our day in Taormina. And if you do visit, my favorite stop was the Etna Pasticceria where we had this cannoli and cappuccino!! Best ever! Worth looking up (Corso Umberto 112)

Taormina-Pasticceria-Mt-Etna-M.jpg

We have also experienced docking in Messina when the ship was scheduled for Taormina, and on that occasion there was a free shuttle. But I think if Messina is the original destination this may not apply, as was the case with us.

On our upcoming stop in Messina, there is a trip to Taormina through the ship at $99 per person!!!

Not sure if this is good value or not??? The train is about 10 euros return, but the timetable is not that hot!!!!

:D:D:D

My sister and I are on the same cruise. We have contacted several companies for just a transfer to Taormina and then a return to the ship. One company wanted 200 euros for two people. 100 euros to and 100 euros back from Taormina. We thought this was too much. We are now waiting for Sicily Tours to respond.

We want to do Taormina on our own. All we want is transportation to and from Taormina. We do not want to take the train.

If you would like, maybe we could share one of these transports. It would probably be cheaper for more people. We could then do our own thing and meet for our transport back to the ship.

I just heard from SicilyTours. They said they could do a transfer to and from Taormina. For 2 persons in a sedan, it would be 140 euros total.

For four persons in a sedan, it would be 180 euros total.

My sister and I are on the same cruise. We have contacted several companies for just a transfer to Taormina and then a return to the ship. One company wanted 200 euros for two people. 100 euros to and 100 euros back from Taormina. We thought this was too much. We are now waiting for Sicily Tours to respond.

We want to do Taormina on our own. All we want is transportation to and from Taormina. We do not want to take the train.

If you would like, maybe we could share one of these transports. It would probably be cheaper for more people. We could then do our own thing and meet for our transport back to the ship.

Hi Sag13.

We have already made plans for this stop, but thank you for thinking of us. Have you checked the roll call? There may be some others there interested in grouping up for transport!

:D:D:D

Archived