Millennium Nov, 2012 - Where do we dock?

Dinkiedo

Depending on where the ship docks, I'm planning to try a do-it-yourself excursion in Brisbane. The ship excursions are pricey and I wanted to try the CityCat, a walk along South Bank, etc. Is this a good idea? Don't fancy the Gold Coast or Surfers Paradise. Not my speed :)

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated!

Depending on where the ship docks, I'm planning to try a do-it-yourself excursion in Brisbane. The ship excursions are pricey and I wanted to try the CityCat, a walk along South Bank, etc. Is this a good idea? Don't fancy the Gold Coast or Surfers Paradise. Not my speed :)

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated!

Cruise Liner Schedule: 2012

Celebrity Millenium 25 November 2012 0800hrs25 November 2012 1700hrs294 FI Grain

http://www.portbris.com.au/shippingoperations/shippingschedule

According to the schedule you will be docking at FI , Fishermans Island, at the new Grain terminal multi purpose facility. The ship will put on a shuttle into Brisbane as FI is at the mouth of the Brisbane River and the City is upstream. It may be a free shuttle or there may be a small charge.

The shuttle will drop you off near the main street in Brisbane, the Queen Street Mall. From there its an easy walk over the bridge to Southbank and the City Cat ferries call there. Its a great trip on the Cats. When we have a cruise that calls at Brisbane we spend a pleasant time riding the ferry to the end of its run and back again.

The Queen Street Mall, Southbank and the ferry ride will give you a wonderful day out in Brisbane.

...Check the Cit Cat website for the timetable. Tickets are purchased on board.

Archived