Would like your input on these FLL hotels

cruizn2escape

We are cruising January 26th and will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale on the 24th. We are looking for a hotel for under $200 a night that has a whirlpool. Doesn't have to be by a beach. We will have a car.

I have it "narrowed down" to Marriott North, Westin - also north, LaQuinta on Peters Ave and the one in Hollywood Florida, Cambria Suites, Holiday Inn on Sheirdan and Springhill Suites.

We also prefer a hotel that won't have a lot of kids - I know that is hard to predict! We like kids but really want some peace and quiet -and after having just returned from a weekend where the kids "over ran" the pool and whirlpool we are looking for a more laid back place.

So what are your thoughts on these hotels?

Have you looked at hotels around Sawgrass Mall and that area? They tend to be a little cheaper compared to the same brand in FLL itself. You'll still be about 20 mins away from the airport and downtown.

I haven't looked specifically in that area but have stayed in the Plantation area before.

The Westin north is a very nice hotel that caters to business people so I wouldn't think it would be over-run by families. I wouldn't recommend it without a car, but with a car it is very nice. It's very close to I95 so if it is indoor weather you could easily get to Boca Town Center from there for a little shopping.

Archived