Batten Down the Hatches

disfan

Yikes.... We are leaving on the Explorer on the 28th heading to Bermuda out of NYC. According this site I found from the first website listed, they are forecasting waves of 12 meters on the 29th.... :eek: We are going to be on Deck 9. Better start taking the Bonine earlier than we usually do.....

I would assume that the Captain would try to avoid the severely rough areas, but I am not sure where he could go to get around it. They would save money on the food budget, but have a huge cleanup chore. :o

Just off Explorer out of NJ and Hurricaine Rapheal gaves us NO Problem. went past Bermuda on Tue night and we docked on time Wed with beautiful weather all 3 days. before we left the prodected rain all 3 days so don't rely on the forecast

FIRELT5 wins the prize for having the correct info. Tropical Storm Sandi has formed in the Southern Caribbean and is forecast to move north towards Jamaica, cross the east tip of Cuba and then come up through the Bahamas this coming week. good luck to all who are sailing this week and next weekend. Carnival Glory just left my homeport this afternoon headed straight to the Bahamas. I hope they make it.

FIRELT5 wins the prize for having the correct info. Tropical Storm Sandi has formed in the Southern Caribbean and is forecast to move north towards Jamaica, cross the east tip of Cuba and then come up through the Bahamas this coming week. good luck to all who are sailing this week and next weekend. Carnival Glory just left my homeport this afternoon headed straight to the Bahamas. I hope they make it.

Are you on the job in Virginia Beach ????

Leaving out on the Explorer on Sunday - as long as we leave on Sunday - I'm good! :D

The Exos handles well in adverse sea conditions. We had 35' seas and storm force winds off of OBX and she handled well. We also had 25 ' seas between BDA & St. Marten and no problems .

The stabilizers were all deployed, obviously the speed was reduced.

I live in Va. Beach. I work for the Navy Regional Fire Department at one of the Navy facilities in the area.

Welcome home from your last cruise....

I have been eagerly awaiting your review.....

Where is it...........?

Sorry to hijack the thread but had trouble finding you on CC.

Hope you had a safe trip!!!!

And as the weather goes, besides the travesty that involved the Allure of the seas this summer, and the hardship they went thru, I hope no one else is impacted.......Yes I know it is still hurricaine season, but, I hope all travels are not affected.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I live in Va. Beach. I work for the Navy Regional Fire Department at one of the Navy facilities in the area.

Nice, I,m a BC in a small 50 man career department in Northern NJ just outside of NYC.

Welcome home from your last cruise....

I have been eagerly awaiting your review.....

Where is it...........?

Sorry to hijack the thread but had trouble finding you on CC.

Hope you had a safe trip!!!!

And as the weather goes, besides the travesty that involved the Allure of the seas this summer, and the hardship they went thru, I hope no one else is impacted.......Yes I know it is still hurricaine season, but, I hope all travels are not affected.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Review is coming soon. I'm having issues with posting pictures. Once I fix that I will post it. Thanks!

hmmm leaving on the 28th ...14 nite repo out of Boston ...could be rocking LOL.....:eek:

Shouldn't be as bad as it was last year leaving Boston. That was really rough, but we survived. Have a great cruise. We have done that cruise the past couple of years, but aren't doing it this year.

Shouldn't be as bad as it was last year leaving Boston. That was really rough, but we survived. Have a great cruise. We have done that cruise the past couple of years, but aren't doing it this year.

Thanx I did it in 2009 and 2010 ....2008 and 2011 were both rough out of Boston I believe...we shall see ....

As of 11:00am today, the Weather Channel has Sandy just to the east of Bermuda by Oct 28th at 8:00am. It all depends on where it goes from there as to how it will affect our cruise to Bermuda leaving out of NYC, Oct 28th at 4:00pm. If the storm moves east toward Bermuda, Explorer could head south along the coast and then go east to Bermuda after the storm passes. If Sandy moves west toward the coast, Explorer could head due east and then south to Bermuda. It all depends on the timing.....

BTW, no e-mails from RCL yet....

As of 11:00am today, the Weather Channel has Sandy just to the east of Bermuda by Oct 28th at 8:00am. It all depends on where it goes from there as to how it will affect our cruise to Bermuda leaving out of NYC, Oct 28th at 4:00pm. If the storm moves east toward Bermuda, Explorer could head south along the coast and then go east to Bermuda after the storm passes. If Sandy moves west toward the coast, Explorer could head due east and then south to Bermuda. It all depends on the timing.....

If that track turns out to be correct, it's not very likely to make a hard left hand turn back to the east coast. Once they're out that far, they tend to continue moving NE.

Pretty sure that is TD 19, not Sandy. Sandy is not that far east and is still south of Jamaica.

Pretty sure that is TD 19, not Sandy. Sandy is not that far east and is still south of Jamaica.

You are correct.... The web site comes up displaying TD 19 as default at the current time. You have to click on "More Storms" just above the map. There you select to display TS Sandy.

What can I tell you.... It is just the way the Weather Channel Hurricane Tracker web site works.....

Archived