Delighted with moveover but ...

Tumasek

I was a lurker who's finally decided to join in the fun of posting. A few days ago we accepted a moveover at no extra cost from a 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Riviera to a 16- day Panama cruise on the Regatta. We were also upgraded to a Category C1 oceanview stateroom from an inside Category G GTY. Our new room is 7007 in the front of Regatta, which I understand from previous posts is quite popular because it is larger. While I'm delighted with the change, I would have preferred a C1 room midship on Deck 4 because I get terribly seasick. Can I ask Oceania for the change? There are 6 Cat. C1 staterooms still available on Deck 4. Or should I just hope we don't get rough seas and enjoy the extra space? Thanks for your input.

I would have preferred a C1 room midship on Deck 4 because I get terribly seasick. Can I ask Oceania for the change? There are 6 Cat. C1 staterooms still available on Deck 4. Or should I just hope we don't get rough seas and enjoy the extra space? Thanks for your input.

I would ask for the deck 4 cabin ;)

The seas can sometimes be bumpy on that route

Lyn

You may certainly ask for whatever you wish, but in situations where Oceania is already giving you a significant "deal" (essentially 50% more cruise at no cost to you) there usually isn't a great deal of wiggle room.

Minimum, outside, midship staterooms are always prime real estate, so if you do decide to ask for a change, be as flexible as you can be.

You may certainly ask for whatever you wish, but in situations where Oceania is already giving you a significant "deal" (essentially 50% more cruise at no cost to you) there usually isn't a great deal of wiggle room.

Minimum, outside, midship staterooms are always prime real estate, so if you do decide to ask for a change, be as flexible as you can be.

Actually Jim, 7007 is one of the most in demand cat C cabins due to the size and privacy and Oceania will probably be delighted to change tyhe passenger to a deck 4 stateroom..

I say ask for it..

Jancruz1

We were offered the same deal, but did not take it. It was the second "move over" offer from Oceania. The first was for a European cruise in October of next year. Looks like the Caribbean cruises on the Riviera are very popular! Were you told where the cabin was prior to agreeing to move?

Actually Jim, 7007 is one of the most in demand cat C cabins due to the size and privacy and Oceania will probably be delighted to change tyhe passenger to a deck 4 stateroom..

I say ask for it..

Jancruz1

That's exactly what I was going to say! I am almost certain you can get a switch to a midship 4 and someone else for whom motion sickness is not an issue would "die" for that larger cabin.

I got the room I wanted on Deck 4 ! Thanks, all of you, for giving me the courage to ask for a change. I'll bring the Dramamine all the same but I feel a lot better now ! You are all so wonderful !

Deck 4 is usually fine even in bumpy seas our favourite spot

Enjoy

Lyn

We are just back from 16 days in Europe in 7007 on Nautica. As much as we enjoyed the extra inside space, there were several nights with rough seas and extremely strong pitch. If you are prone to motion sickness, stay away from the front of the ship. We didn't get sick, but plan to opt for a more central cabin on future cruises.

I say ask for it..

Jancruz1

I agree with you Jan, and the Oceania Rep probably thought that they were doing the Original Poster a favor by putting them up on Deck 7 in the first place.

Sounds like they have it all sorted out now, but there is a lesson to be learned here.......somewhere. :o

Archived