A New Destination is Coming?

Just been tweeted by Thomson:

'A new destination is coming, but we can't say where it is right now. Keep checking back as we'll be revealing it soon.'

Now, I know this is just for the main Thomson package holidays, but if they are going to announce a new destination for their packages, then I suppose this could lead itself to cruises being operated out of there. With winter 2013/14 holidays about to be released in the next few weeks, I would have thought it would be a new destination for then. Hopefully then a new destination might be on offer for next winter. Even if they don't start cruises from there yet, I suppose that they could do in the following year.

I'm hoping for Thailand to be announced myself. Will keep checking Twitter as who knows when Thomson say 'soon' when that will be.

Yay...Thailand Thailand....please let it be Thailand:cool:

Aren't Thomson cruises based on the locations to which their most popular package holiday flights travel to from a variety of UK airports ?

Getting 1200 (rough estimate as an example) punters to and from Britain by air outwith these would mean using chartered carriers other than Thomsons Airlines ?

Thomson have been talking about returning to Thailand for years now. before they rebranded from Britannia Airways, they used to operate Phuket flights which stopped for fuel half way, but when they announced the Dreamliner, they said Thailand was a strong contender to return to their brochures! I hope so...and cruises too!

Just been looking at Thomson's Destination pages, and on the map, Thailand is on it:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/holiday-destinations.html

But when you click onto it, at the moment no resorts or accommodation appears:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/asia/thailand/holidays-thailand.html

Could it be being prepared to add in the next couple of weeks. Or has it always been there? :confused:

Looks (slightly) promising though. Hopefully the cruises might follow now.

Just been looking at Thomson's Destination pages, and on the map, Thailand is on it:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/holiday-destinations.html

But when you click onto it, at the moment no resorts or accommodation appears:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/asia/thailand/holidays-thailand.html

Could it be being prepared to add in the next couple of weeks. Or has it always been there? :confused:

Looks (slightly) promising though. Hopefully the cruises might follow now.

I hate to disappoint you but I'm sure it was like that last year.

Just been having a look at the Thomson Facebook page. It seems that the destination is going to be long haul, and one that keeps coming up is Brazil. With Brazil having the Olympics in 2016 and World Cup in 2014, I suppose that one would make sense. Not sure about cruising options around there though?

And the new destination is...

...THAILAND!!!

7.jpg

Only flights from London Gatwick though have been announced so far. I doubt then that any cruises will be going from there for winter 2013/14, but perhaps the year after when they've got more 787 Dreamliner's in the fleet.

Still promising though, as it does look like they are now looking at the Far East for the future. Hopefully, winter 2014/15 will be the date! ;)

Noticed that they also said that their latest brochures will go on sale on Thursday, 15 November. I would guess then that the winter 2013/14 cruise brochure will be out then too. Only two weeks away then!

Thailand wow, if they carry it through and cruise that area I would book def, don't mind a long flight it would be worth it. Been to Australia and stopped off each way for four days in Singapore, loved it and would love to see more of that part of the world so let's keep fingers crossed.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

some regional Caribbean flights stop at Manchester to refuel first, adding an extra 2 hours sitting on the tarmac......looking at...well...the tarmac for 2 hours, before a further 9 hours looking at the Atlantic....its riveting!:(

at least with Thailand you will have most of India to look at:cool:

The flight time will only be a couple of hours longer than to the Caribbean.
That was too long! Done it 6 times! Still at least you can sleep on the way back. OH says he "doesn't fancy" Thailand :rolleyes: (or Norway either:rolleyes:)

In a grumpy mood today - horrible wet weather - still look on the bright side it wil keep those horrible children from trick or treating :D:D:D

Having a bit of an argument on P&O boards because I stuck up for Thomson :p

Victor Meldrew lives!

That was too long! Done it 6 times! Still at least you can sleep on the way back. OH says he "doesn't fancy" Thailand :rolleyes: (or Norway either:rolleyes:)

In a grumpy mood today - horrible wet weather - still look on the bright side it wil keep those horrible children from trick or treating :D:D:D

Having a bit of an argument on P&O boards because I stuck up for Thomson :p

Victor Meldrew lives!

where, where?

did it make you mad?

I like a good row...er...discussion

what i like about the P&O forum is the endless discussion on dress codes and standards.

Archived