Son had problem on the imagination

lennel

All of the ones you have listed in your sig, and more. :p

Are you absolutely certain that you have not simply misremembered, and you really saw the glass plates on Royal Crapabbean? :rolleyes:

I don't know...might have been. I'm old ya know. :eek:

I am not exactly sure what you think your son and girlfriend should receive in all this. It was an accident caused by a child, you said yourself the parent did not even alert anyone and shrugged it off, and unfortunately the result is someone got hurt. The cruiseline did the appropriate thing and attended to her injuries. Otherwise I dont really see what else she was owed other than an apology. They were able to still enjoy the ship, food and amenities with the exception of the pool.

In terms of porcelain plates, well Im assuming you have been on cruises in the past. Did the fact that they had these plates at a buffet bother you before. Every buffet I have ever been to land or sea has these types of plates. Yes they can break, but the event that occurred in your son's case was a freak incident. The fault in this case lay with the parent who should have been keeping a better eye on their child.

it makes no difference who dropped the plates, but in this case it was a year old. If someone spills water on the floor and you slip on it it is the fault of the store, if a worker comes to your house and gets hurt it is your fault, what is the difference here? Glass plates were dropped a person got hurt enough to go to the infirmary? If unbreakable paltes were there there would be no problem, they have plastic cups.

Actually it does matter "who" dropped the plate.

This was NOT a case of negligence on the part of a Carnival employee.

These plates are hard plastic that are specifically designed to take a lot of abuse....but nothing is totally unbreakable....again no negligence on Carnival's part.

If you are driving a car and another car hits yours, are you going to blame the car company? No, you place the blame where it belongs....the person who did the act.

The fact that Carnival covered the medical treatment was REASONABLE compensation and nothing more is due you.

I'm curious as to how a plate falling off of a counter (not thrown with a lot of force) could cut somebody standing nearby so badly? I've dropped a few breakable items before and have seen many dropped but dont recall anybody being CUT so bad that it would keep them from having a good vacation. Seen a few minor scratches that at most might require a band aide.....but as serious as being told here? Possible I guess...but highly unlikely I would think.

I agree that there is too much that does not make sense.

1. The strength of a 5 year old to "drop" 2 or 3 plates and break them. "Throw" is probably the word that should be used.

2. The cuts. Bad enough to get bandaged, keep her from swimming and "walking a lot"? Must have been deep. A cut without stitches to keep me from swimming would be on the cusp of needing stitches. The force of which would mean that she was standing too close to the child with the plates. Seeing as a plate would have to explode to do significant damage to the skin. This sounds more like she fell on a broken plate or was stabbed by the kid, more than airborne fragments or chunks.

3. Compensation. Carnival did more than I would expect them to. Negligence has to be on CCL, not the customers. $200 to compensate no loss is a little crazy, considering they did nothing wrong. Heck, strawberries, champagne or dinner in the steakhouse to every customer that had an injury from being in the wrong place at the wrong time would cause ANY cruiseline to increase fairs.

4. Your typing and punctuation is hideous.

5. If you want less reaction and more sympathy, call your son or his fiance and ask them to tell you word for word what happened so you can type it for our analysis. Giving part/some/iffy information will not get any reaction, only speculation.

I hope this helps, it sure did make me feel better. And isn't that what it's all about? Me???

I agree that there is too much that does not make sense.

1. The strength of a 5 year old to "drop" 2 or 3 plates and break them. "Throw" is probably the word that should be used.

2. The cuts. Bad enough to get bandaged, keep her from swimming and "walking a lot"? Must have been deep. A cut without stitches to keep me from swimming would be on the cusp of needing stitches. The force of which would mean that she was standing too close to the child with the plates. Seeing as a plate would have to explode to do significant damage to the skin. This sounds more like she fell on a broken plate or was stabbed by the kid, more than airborne fragments or chunks.

3. Compensation. Carnival did more than I would expect them to. Negligence has to be on CCL, not the customers. $200 to compensate no loss is a little crazy, considering they did nothing wrong. Heck, strawberries, champagne or dinner in the steakhouse to every customer that had an injury from being in the wrong place at the wrong time would cause ANY cruiseline to increase fairs.

4. Your typing and punctuation is hideous.

5. If you want less reaction and more sympathy, call your son or his fiance and ask them to tell you word for word what happened so you can type it for our analysis. Giving part/some/iffy information will not get any reaction, only speculation.

I hope this helps, it sure did make me feel better. And isn't that what it's all about? Me???

ouch :o

New Carnival program:

BAPAGAFD

"Break a Plate and Get a Free Dinner"

We were inconvenienced on HAL and got a few perks thrown our way without asking. If she did suffer injuries what harm? I prefer to think of it as guest relations.

OMG...some of you are just unbelievable.

Son's gf is injured...and mother is flamed for caring???

Seriously....don't you have any compassion or feelings?

Yet, how many of you "cry" and want sympathy and perks, and claim your cruise was ruined because the steward didn't do a good job, the waiter took too long, the chicken was cold, the entertainment lacked, someone wore a baseball cap in the MDR.....and the list goes on..........

Carnival certainly could have given this couple some type of compensation.

Yeah, it was an accident. But, perhaps Carnival should not allow children to "get the food" at the buffet, after all, that really the parent's responsibility.

FWIW...if I got cut by "whatever" and couldn't swim or walk as planned, my cruise would have been ruined too.

I broke my toe while on board...I took a corner too quickly and jammed it into the bottom of one of the half walls (the bottom corner trim is kind of angled and sticks out further than the wall itself). I blamed no one but myself. Was I mad? Sure? It was bleeding all over the place, I had to constantly aware of my right foot the entire trip and I could only climb half of Dunn's River Falls because it hurt SO bad, but it was no one's fault. Accidents happen.

I'm sorry your son and his fiance had this situation happen but it doesn't appear to fall on CCL.

I don't think anyone has to worry. The OP contacted John Heald, I am sure he will throw something their way.

Extremely disingenuous that the OP didn't mention WHO dropped the plates over there.

"on the first day on the Buffet line plates were dropped and my sons fiance legs were cut pretty badly"

" later on the ship a purser offered a credit of 180 dollars but the computer went down "

I wonder why the stories aren't matching up.

Well this was entertaining.

So if the fun times give Me a paper cut I deserve obc....right? That is what I'm getting from some people.

I skinned my knee pretty badly on the rapids thingies at Atlantis on my last cruise.....I mean it was a carnival excursion....they owe me something now....right?

Some of these posts shows what's wrong with this country...bet you all agree that Monster energy drinks company are murders too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ signed The Awesome Gailerina

Well this was entertaining.

So if the fun times give Me a paper cut I deserve obc....right? That is what I'm getting from some people.

I skinned my knee pretty badly on the rapids thingies at Atlantis on my last cruise.....I mean it was a carnival excursion....they owe me something now....right?

Some of these posts shows what's wrong with this country...bet you all agree that Monster energy drinks company are murders too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ signed The Awesome Gailerina

Well, if the Heald guy takes care of anything, this will certainly open up a new can of worms. So far, he hasn't even found a record of the incident, though.

So true!

Good customer service involves showing empathy for the customer’s situation. It's amazing what a phone call, or a note, and some gesture of concern can accomplish. It doesn't have to involve huge costs either.

Many people are saying accidents happen and it's not Carnival's fault. This might be technically true; it's how they deal with the situation which is going to be remembered by the customer. And for most businesses, it's usually much cheaper to get a repeat customer than a new one.

Well, if they paid the doctors bill then I think that they showed good will since it really was the parents fault for not supervising their child better.

Yet another post where the majority of comments have very low expectations of customer service. The OP had a situation where great customer service recovery would have saved the day. Carnival does not seem to excel in this area.

But, in all honesty, why should they when so many jump to their defense......

If the majority is happy with ( and even defend) the status quo. Why would they change?

Archived