Are the excursions ever cheaper on the ship vs. NCL website?

cruisecritiquer

Are the excursions ever cheaper to book once on the ship than from their website?

I'm just wondering if there is any reason to wait to book excursions until we get on the ship or if I should just book them now.

Price is the same.

In my experience, the prices are the same. However, if you book on board you can use OBC to pay for your excursions. Of course, as a previous poster said, you also then run the risk of something being sold out.

Actually you don't have to book on board to use OBC to pay for it.....After I book my excursions (usually months in advance), I then call NCL at some point before our cruise and purchase some OBC to pay for our excursions. One less thing on our S & S card!

And if it's several I have to pay for....I will buy a little OBC each month til I reach the amount of the cost of the excursions and then some for drinks etc!!

Actually you don't have to book on board to use OBC to pay for it.....After I book my excursions (usually months in advance), I then call NCL at some point before our cruise and purchase some OBC to pay for our excursions. One less thing on our S & S card!

And if it's several I have to pay for....I will buy a little OBC each month til I reach the amount of the cost of the excursions and then some for drinks etc!!

Unfortunately, this isn't an option anymore. If you pre-book, you have to pre-pay as well.

Actually you don't have to book on board to use OBC to pay for it.....After I book my excursion (usually months in advance), I then call NCL at some point before our cruise and purchase some OBC to pay for our excursions. One less thing on our S & S card!

You have not cruised since NCL makes you pre pay for pre booked excursions - you can no longer reserve an excursion without paying for it with a credit or debit card at that time. So the only way to use OBC for excursions is to book the excursion onboard.

As for the price - well in AK the excursions I pre bought were .99 more expensive onboard - could not say that about all excursions.

Oh, my apologies in giving out wrong info.....Yes it has been over a year since I booked with NCL but am looking into booking a cruise with NCL's Breakaway.....but it is good to know you have to pre-pay when booking excursions. I like it much better that way!

Again I apologize for giving info that is outdated!! But now I know so I have learned something new! Thanks folks!!

I've heard that prices when you pre-book can sometimes be lower than waiting until you get on the ship, but I have not experienced that on NCL.

The big advantage to booking in advance is to ensure that you will get the excursion you want - some of the popular ones, like dolphin swims, sell out early. And since you have to pay now at the time you book, your excursions will not be added to your onboard account so you'll walk off the ship with a lower bill.

I've seen them higher on the ship, but not lower.

And they don't lower the prices to fill excursions. If they don't get enough people they just cancel it. I've had a few cancelled because not enough people reserved the excursion.

Archived