New Year's Eve onboard a Carnival Ship

alabamaprincess

We are going to be cruising on New Year's Eve on the Fascination. I have never cruised on a New Year's Eve cruise. I have seen some older posts about NYE in the past but I was wondering if anyone had cruised in the last year or two on a NYE carnival cruise. Do they still have free champagne and a live band on the upper deck? What was your experience like?

The only New Year's cruise we've been on was on RCCL's Majesty of the Seas. The ship's Atrium was still decorated with Christmas decorations, and yes, there was a live band, as well as free champagne. And, there were a few that "celebrated" just a little too much. Good thing we had a designated driver. Otherwise, who knows where we would have ended up?:eek::D I would imagine it's not that much different on a Carnival's New Year's cruise.

We took our family on a new years cruise a couple of years ago and it was awesome! We boarded on new years eve day and there was already free champagne flowing. Can't remember when threy cut it off, but it then started flowing again in the evening and the crew was allowed to mix with the passengers on the Lido deck and eveyone seemed to have a great time. Can't remember if they had a band or a DJ, but I'm pretty sure it was a band. It was really great! We are looking forward to doing it again as our family conitues to grow.

I did NYE on a Celebrity cruise once - the ship was filled to the max and very crowded. I'm sure Carnival does a great time with the party so as long as you go in wanting to really party - I think you'll have a great time. For me - I'd rather cruise the week after :D when everyone else is back at work.

Thank you for everyone's input. We are excited to be cruising on the Fascination on New Year's eve. Does anyone know if you will need to dress up for the dining room that evening? Will there be a different menu to commemorate NYE?

Don't recall there being anything different in the dress code or the menu.

Justthe free flowing champagne and the crew being allowed to party with the guests.

We'll be on the Pride this NYE too! We'll be traveling with our 18 year old grandson, and our 36 year old daughter and her boyfriend this time. This will be our 4th NYE cruise. WE LOVE THEM! It's the most amazing party...actually, it's several NYE parties all taking place on the same ship! There is free flowing champayne all over the place, great party favors and food and and a variety of music. :D We've cruised RCI, Princess and Carnival on our NYE cruises....

All the other ships had formal night for NYE, and since it will be our 2nd night on the Pride, I suspect it will be the same this time. While not everyone dresses up....in the past it seemed that people were more dressed up than usual.

I was on the Carnival Miracle this past new years, and it was definitely a lot of fun!!

They had a live band, dancing for hours, and all the free champagne you could want! :D

I don't think nye was a formal night in the dining hall, but of course, I don't remember that well. I'm pretty sure I just dressed up nicely anyway, it being nye and all.

Hope this helps!

I have done 6 NYE cruises, and I'll be on the Glory this year for my 7th. I can't add much to what has already been said.

We will be on the Fascination with you also:) I've read about champagne, hats, noise-makers...stuff like that. Also, I thought that I read that the 1st night will be the elegant night in the dining room--because it is NYE, but I have no idea where I read it!

I could be wrong, but elegant night is never on the first night. I was on the Dream last NYE, and the first night was on the 31st. People did dress to the nines, but the first elegant night was the next day.

I think Carnival folks like to party, so I bet NYE cruises fill up fast. Celebrating at sea would be memorable. At 49 my party days are way past me, the last 6 NYE's were spent the same way, asleep by 10 PM. Some call NYE "amateur night", I call it a younger man's game. You can have my cabin.

As said, likely memorable though.

I have done NYE on the freedom, mariner and dream. By far the best was on Freedom, following in close 2nd by Mariner. They had so much more going on for New Years that the Dream. We barely knew that New Years had come when we were on the Dream. The Dream was a beautiful ship, but it just did not have the amenities that the Royal ships had. I will be doing the Freedom of the Seas for New Years again this year!! Party On!

I have done 6 NYE cruises, and I'll be on the Glory this year for my 7th. I can't add much to what has already been said.

I could be wrong, but elegant night is never on the first night. I was on the Dream last NYE, and the first night was on the 31st. People did dress to the nines, but the first elegant night was the next day.

Oh, Thanks:) I have no idea where I read it (or if I read it at this point;-);)

I did NYE on the Fascination 2009- it was a blast! We boarded on the 31st, and dinner that night had hats, noise makers etc. Huge part on lido with free champagne, music, dancing. I think they had some food at the bufett and I remember seeing a big 2010 ice carving. You will have a blast!

Archived