Bistro on Five Salads & Coffee?

PinotBlanc

What kind of salads are available at Bistro on Five?

Are they luscious and large? Or simple and skimpy?

Is coffee included?

Thank you.

Penny

I'm a big fan of good salads. My favorite lunch is a big, flavorful, well designed salad.

They don't exist at Bistro of 5, or anywhere else on Celebrity.

Simple and skimpy would be the answer.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_bistro_on_five&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

If you order the crepe as your main, the salad is on the side. If you order the salad as your main, it's a full plate. Delicious. As are the crepes. Regular coffee is included (as it is everywhere on the ship) but if you want an upgrade you're going to pay. Ie, cappucino or the like.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_bistro_on_five&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

If you order the crepe as your main, the salad is on the side. If you order the salad as your main, it's a full plate. Delicious. As are the crepes. Regular coffee is included (as it is everywhere on the ship) but if you want an upgrade you're going to pay. Ie, cappucino or the like.

You know I have been there a dozen+ times and never noticed the salad as an entre item. I focus right onto the crepes!

You know I have been there a dozen+ times and never noticed the salad as an entre item. I focus right onto the crepes!

I am a greedy girl. I get a big salad and a crepe! Totally worth skipping breakfast for. :D

What kind of salads are available at Bistro on Five? Are they luscious and large? Or simple and skimpy? SMALL - JUST A SIDE IN A BOWL THE SIZE OF A COFFEE CUP

Is coffee included? YES

The Chef's Salad is a full meal size. I had it several times. The salads on the side that accompany pancakes etc are small.

Yes, the coffee is included in the cover charge.

What kind of salads are available at Bistro on Five?

Are they luscious and large? Or simple and skimpy?

Is coffee included?

Thank you.

Penny

They offer a large variety of salads, wraps and panini's. They will also modify and honor special requests. If you want special coffee like espresso it is available at an additional charge. If you have a beverage package that includes specialty coffee you can get it at bistro for no additional charge. Not sure if the free brew is served-but it isn't good .The food is all you can eat, so you can order more. I think you will be full, especially if you have a dessert crepe

I thought the salads on Silhouette in Bistro on 5 were large. I ordered a crepe and asked for a "small" chef salad on the side. The salad I got was in a pasta-sized bowl that was packed high. It was bigger than the salads I make at home as a full meal. I split the salad with my husband and still had plenty. I didn't think they scrimped on the add-ons - plenty of meat, egg, cheese, & cucumbers. There were only a couple tomato wedges. They didn't have any ranch/house dressing available, which I thought was strange.

I asked my waiter if I really got a small salad. He verified it was correct and showed me the regular-sized salads. The regular salads were on dinner plates that were heaped full. I could get two meals out of those!

I was too full to try any of the desserts after eating the salad and Mediterranean crepe.

We went a second time and I ordered a Cajun crepe, skipped the salad, and tried an Italian crepe for dessert.

If I just wanted a salad, I would go to Oceanview Cafe and fix my own. They have plenty of salad topping choices and it's already included in the cruise fare. Plus, you can make the salad as large or small as you want. The salad I had in Bistro on 5 was good, but I wouldn't have paid $5 extra for it just to eat there. The crepes were the main draw for me.

Another great thing about Bistro on Five, it is typically not a mob scene and worth the five dollar cover charge- especially on boarding day of the cruise! While the buffet salad bar on the solstice class ships is very good- the quiet unhurried atmosphere of Bistro is great and a nice place to wait until the cabins are ready.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Do they have Bistro on 5 on the Constellation. Thank you.

I am not sure. Check if they have updated the ship via the celebrity website. If they have added aqua class- they have remodeled the ship. They do have the Bistro on the Summit- was on it in August. They are adding amenities to all of the Millie class ships-

On our recent Summit cruise the entree salads in Bistro on 5 did not appear to be the same as on our Silhouette cruise in March. Not sure if this is a ship difference or if they have changed the salads on all ships. The Chef Salad was not that big on our Summit cruise, my DH and I both thought the salads were much better on Silhouette's Bistro on 5.

Archived