Modern luxury?!!

ladylemondrop

Any cruise company that is primarily trying to market to age 30 to 45 is making a big mistake. That's the age when most of us are very busy raising our families and trying to survive. Most in that age group have neither the time or money to cruise on a regular basis.

Now, I would say that Celebrity doesn't fill the ships with 30 and 40 year olds, but take a look at the Celebrity website and you will see 30-45 year olds in the pictures. This is the great sign of the cruiseline's target market.

For the same reason the make up manufacturers picture 20 somethings using their anti-aging products. ;)

According to Mr Bayley, Celebrity is targeting affluent cruisers. Hardly likely to be predominately in the 30-45 age group!

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/cruising-more-than-the-bare-necessities-at-sea-8223455.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually... Since a lot of companies gave early retirement to many, and college grads cannot find work, and retirees are generally being more careful with their money, many of whom lost everything with bad markets or bad investments, the 30-45 year olds are the predominant work force, with the most disposable income. Many ... Not all... Are not as concerned as the older generation about planning for retirement yet, so are more apt to spend money on vacations, which many now consider a luxury.

I recently emailed celebrity to complain about a £150 charge just to change the date of our cruise, (that was the admin charge!!).

My reply was overflowing with the term "modern luxury" three times in one email! I quote -

"We strive as a company to ensure we

continue the Modern Luxury experience"

"Modern Luxury memory to take home with

you."

"Mr. French, thank you for your email. We look forward to offering you the

Modern Luxury experience you have become accustomed to onboard the

Celebrity Reflection"

I am MRS french by the way....:D

Saying "halva" three times won't make your mouth sweet.

Archived