First experience with Norwegian Sales Personnel

Tyhunt

I always book online. That way you're not dealing with anyone, you have time to think and make your own decisions. If I have any questions, I then ring NCL and ask whoever answers the phone. I have always found the person on the other end extremely pleasant and able to answer my inquiry.

I have had horrid experiences with NCL shore customer service as well. If I had to deal with them to cruise I wouldn't cruise with NCL.....That is how bad my exposure to them has been. It amazes me how good their ship personnel are and how utterly awful the shore personnel are.

To the OP, book your cruise though an agent and give a NCL ship a try. It's a good vacation for the money......just not their sales staff.

I had the most excellent PCC for years....anytime I had a question, she was right there for me.....always solved any issues I had and very very nice and helpful...then one day....gone :confused:

The next PCC I had was just about as good, nice, pleasant, helpful...and then one day....gone :confused:

Moved onto her assistant, whom I had talked to once while she was on vacation....he was okay (didn't really get to know him)...because, one day...gone :confused:

Now I am on my 4th PCC (3rd new one in the last 18 months)....not so fond of this current one....I called him once with a question about a booking and he acted like I was bothering him....

I like having one person handle my account....and not be passed around like a number.........

Carnival is just the opposite, I do all that booking and adjusting online...and when/if I have to call them, you never know who you are going to get on the phone....or how pleasant and/or helpful they will be....

I Googled some job postings to get a better idea of who these people are. I didn't think much about the inbound call people and outbound callers being classified differently. I did realize I had a person working from home one time. I think they were driving and it was very noisy.

Not much of a point to my posting this, other than it's interesting and it makes it very clear these are sales people. Just like there are car salesmen that behave differently to get your business, so will these folks.

http://ncwahjobs.jobamatic.com/a/jobs/find-jobs/q-Norwegian+Cruise+Line

Let me start by saying my wife and I are avid cruisers and have never set foot on a Norwegian ship but were looking to try different lines and have new experiences cruising. Though we have never posted on cruise critic we are regular readers.

We visited Norwegians web site last night to look for cruises for next year, filed out the personal information and just got off the phone with one of their representatives. The return call was quick which was good. That is where the good feeling about this cruise line ended.

From the start this agent slammed the other lines we had cruised and proceeded to tell me what we needed to do to make a better trip. Challenged my integrity as to what he was offering and what offers I had received from other cruise lines. BTW he requested the information about other lines rates and offers. At this point in the conversation I informed him that I was not appreciative of his condescending attitude. He then became apologetic and then proceeded to continue to tell me what I needed rather than address the questions I had. He also stated that Norwegian catered to a "Higher Class" of cruiser that was willing to spend more for their enjoyment. What he accomplished was to paint a picture of a ship full of snobs, which I am sure is not the case.

My next step was to do something that I almost never do, look for an e-mail address or other contact information to let Norwegian know about my experience. I found that this was not so easy to do either. I did find the number to their corporate offices and did register a complaint.

So in a nut shell, If this is conducive of the type of of attitude of this cruise lines employees it is safe to say that they will get none of my cruising dollars. To bad for the line, the experience and impressions of the first contact is so important that maybe they need to review their training.

Thought I would share this experience as we as customers DO NOT have to put up with this type of treatment.

Welcome to CC and please come back and post again. Being avid cruisers, I'm confident that you have plenty to share.

Talking to NCL can be a hit or miss thing. Find a good on-line TA and you will never have to talk directly to a cruise line again.

I used to book through NCL, then compared them to a packager from Boston (Rules here say I can't name them.) and got the same cruise plus 3 days in Barcelona for almost the same money!

Later tried one of their expensive trips and loved it!

Archived