Cell phone ? for Reflection passengers off ship

gypsyrose48

Anyone on Reflectioin or just finished their cruise? What kind of cell service is being used by Celebrity for the Reflection? I have ATT Iphone. Silouette did not have good reception last year and I was routed through Norway when I was in international waters near Israel. Roaming cost a fortune on it. Princess ships seemed to have better service. Just wondering what to expect on TA in November. I have to keep in touch with elderly mother by phone. No email, text or messaging.

Thanks for your help

Gypsyrose 48

The cellular service on the Reflection and the Silhouette is now provided by a company called “On-Waves Maritime Mobile Communications.” However, the price remains at $2.49 per minute to both initiate and receive a call. Texting is much cheaper – 50 cents per message to send and 5 cents per message to receive.

We had no issues on calling when on boad for 4 different S-Class, 2 in Europe, 1 in Baltic and 1 in Carribean.

For off-ship in port, we moved to AT&T for the extended coverage in Europe and the Carribean. Take a look at the rates for the ports you will be in, and you can sign up for international service. Very handy for calling in port, usually much cheaper than shipboard.

We have an elderly mother also and have her set to call us as needed. She had a real problem understanding she could call my local cell number and we'd get it in Europe. Gave her the emergency Celebrity number to call the ship, but warned her on the costs which is, I think, $10/min. 877-266-1020.

Enjoy your cruise.

Den

Archived