Oasis class in Port Canaveral?

Just to add another rumor to the thread I thought the next Sunshine class ship was going to home port half the year in Southampton and half the year in Port Canaveral.

The Anthem will split time between Southampton and Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. This is confirmed and not a rumor.

The Anthem will split time between Southampton and Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. This is confirmed and not a rumor.

Which I don’t get considering that the ship is built for cold weather. It’s basically doing what the Indy is doing right? Also remember that Port Canaveral is getting the Explorer Of the Seas once the Quantum arrives meaning three Royal ships in Port Canaveral. Port Canaveral will have 3 Royal the Freedom, Explorer and Enchantment along with 3 Carnival the Sunshine, Liberty and Sensation. Disney also will have 3 ships the Magic, Dream and Fantasy. Plus as always the breakaway with visit and I am sure the Splendor and possibly even the Grandeur. I do see an Oasis class coming but not as soon as everyone would like.

Which I don’t get considering that the ship is built for cold weather. It’s basically doing what the Indy is doing right? Also remember that Port Canaveral is getting the Explorer Of the Seas once the Quantum arrives meaning three Royal ships in Port Canaveral. Port Canaveral will have 3 Royal the Freedom, Explorer and Enchantment along with 3 Carnival the Sunshine, Liberty and Sensation. Disney also will have 3 ships the Magic, Dream and Fantasy. Plus as always the breakaway with visit and I am sure the Splendor and possibly even the Grandeur. I do see an Oasis class coming but not as soon as everyone would like.

Yes, Anthem is basically doing the Indy's old itineraries. Explorer is only going to be based at Port Canaveral short term until her dry docking in 2015, then Explorer is going somewhere other than PC after the dry dock. I just can't remember where, Asia maybe? With the 3rd Oasis Class ship due online in 2016, that's when you will probably see one of the 3 Oasis ships go to PC. If the port authority is correct the new terminal for the larger ships should be completed late next year.

If you build it they will come is the concept. I predict the Oasis.

Fingers and toes crossed you are right!!

I won't fly so we just made the 10 drive last month to sail on the Allure. Bringing this class of ship to PC would shorten our drive about 3 hours...:D

Yes, you are correct, nothing is truly certain until it actually happens, but I do think that the stars at least appear to be aligning. I know Royal Caribbean execs were at Port Canaveral for a meeting with the Port Authority just before the announcement of the 6,000 passenger capacity cruise terminal. I am at least trying to keep the rumor alive. :)

I hope that this is a good indicator of something good to come.

• 1 month later...

Port Canaveral isn't investing $85million in a new terminal that is the same size as the Oasis terminal in FLL "just because". The question is not if, but when is a Oasis class ship coming to Port Canaveral? The three best scenarios I think in cronological order are

1) When the Oasis comes back from Europe this Oct/Nov.

2) May/June 2015 when the current itinerary schedule runs out.

3) When the 3rd Oasis class ship is put into service in 2016.

My "money" is on #2 IF RCI's contract with Port Everglades allows it.